Answers: Will Social Mood Matter?
Has the path of maximum frustration punishing savers who "did the right thing" arrive?
- Have equities ever been this overbought?
- Will the alleged insider trading scandal impact an already fragile societal mindset as it relates to investor psychology?
- Given at least ten more people in the securities industry will be charged as early as this week, according to Bloomberg?
- How far-reaching will these alleged allegations permeate the financial infrastructure?
- Corporate America?
- Corner offices?
- Hedge fund titans?
- Where will it end?
- Or might investors deem this cleansing to be a net positive for the financial process?
- What if some of the accused players prove that their activities were consistent with the letter of the law?
- How much of the 6% two-day S&P decline last December was related to the Bernie Madoff news following his Ponzi scheme?
- Has the path of maximum frustration punishing savers who "did the right thing" arrive?
- As Minyan Peter points out, while investors were licking their chops over Apple (AAPL), how many paid attention as BB&T (BBT), the first "traditional" bank to report, confirmed that deterioration in credit now permeates every loan category?
- Are corporate bond spreads the modern day equivalent of irrational exuberance?
- Or is the government debt bubble still in the middle innings?
- Does anyone else get the sense that policymakers finally awoke to what Minyans have known for a long time; that a stronger dollar will lead to the death knell of deflation?
- How were your ice skating skills at nine years old?
- Have you joined the conversation at Ticker Talk on the Minyanville home page?
- Which banks will California sue today?
- Crisis? What crisis?
- Have you seen yesterday's newfangled Random Thoughts video?
- Did you see Citigroup (C) and Bank America (BAC) give up pa nub yesterday afternoon?
- Is S&P 1120 too obvious?
- Protectionism? What protectionism?
- Would a transaction tax (like the one that existed between 1914 and 1966) really shock you?
- Isn't this consistent with the real employment conundrum we forecasted in January?
- What does it say that the same type of pushback received on an optimistic article in March was garnered last week when a more cautious tone was syndicated?
- Have you locked your spot for our unbelievably fun Festivus to benefit children's education on December 4th in NYC?
- Is there anything wrong with a little levity on our time?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter