Answers: What Comes After "The Easy" Trade?
By Todd Harrison Oct 06, 2009 9:40 am
The uptrend from March remains in play.
- Has societal acrimony finally arrived in the city of critters?
- Remember that "big picture" S&P trendline from the March lows we recently highlighted?
- Do you see the exact same set-up in four-letter land?
- Wasn't the initial Snapper off those levels -- on the first probe after a deep sell-off -- the "easy" trade?
- Won't bulls buy dips until those lines are violated and won't that work until it doesn't?
- Do you understand that the fatal flaw of that approach is an overnight gap lower?
- While watershed deflation would render this thought obsolete, could the energy complex offer an "outside the box" hedge against broader market exposure?
- Perhaps because the silence from Israel is deafening?
- Did you read on yesterday's Buzz that I gingerly began to re-initiate some short-side exposure (after covering a slew late last week) in the context of defined risk?
- Where, you ask, might that "defined risk" be?
- How about "Mini Me" resistance (the recent lower highs) at NDX 1710ish and S&P 1050ish, for those who wanna keep it nice and tight?
- Or fresh highs, if you prefer to tether out your risk leash?
- While price is the ultimate arbiter of variant views, wouldn't Marcel Marceau note that yesterday's volume was 16% slower than the volume over the past month? (thanks Minyan Mike O'Rourke for the wink)
- Does the bovine relay race require the bullish baton to be deftly passed from the government-sponsored euphoria to corporate America to the consumer?
- Haven't we attempted that before?
- And learned there is indeed a difference between debt-induced largesse and legitimate end-demand?
- While that may not matter yet, isn't the only difference between a mistake and a lesson the ability to learn from it?
- Do all geese have IBS?
- Does anyone else see the mother of all face-offs lurking for the S&P as the downtrend line (from 2007) approaches the uptrend line (from March)?
- Why were Peak Freans so serious?
- Why is every bone in my body begging me to move out of NYC?
- And you thought it couldn't get any worse for the Raiders?
- Are any NYC area Minyans going to the Meadowlands on Sunday to see the New York football Giants take on the admittedly limping silver and black? (if so, click here!)
- Why did Mother Morgan (MS) suddenly act funky late yesterday afternoon?
- Should we similarly spy Amazon (AMZN), Research in Motion (RIMM), Microsoft (MSFT) and American Insurance Group (AIG) (other red beans in yesterday's green sea) as we tee up Turnaround Tuesday?
- Would now be a good time to circle back to that reverse dandruff in Gold?
- Should it power through this level, will active types use Gold 1035 as near-term risk definition to guard against the dreaded Pop & Drop?
- Did you see Hoofy and Boo ask the question, "Does crime pay?"
- The reason for the upside pre-market rhyme is that Australia unexpectedly raised interest rates?
- As my "five cities in as many days" business trip (starting Monday) lands me in Syracuse University next Friday for a Minyanville Town Hall Chat, would now be a good time to extend an invite to any and all upstate Minyans who have an interest in attending? (Click here for more information.)
- Is this our mission should we choose to accept it?
- Do you have mini-Minyans running around and if so, would you be willing to introduce Minyanland-which teaches earning, spending, saving and giving-to an administrator at your children's school? If so, can you please ping MV Family Media GM Laurie Petersen?
- If you set up a pairs with Warren and Jimmy, which way would you lean?
Position in ndx, s&p
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter