Answers I Really Wanna Know: Turnaround Tuesday?
By Todd Harrison Mar 02, 2010 9:30 am
Is the fade of resistance too easy?
- What were the management secrets of the Grateful Dead?
- As governments demand more information from the private sector regarding CDS, will the private sector turn around and "demand" more information from governments regarding their guarantees and commitments?
- Did you see the significant overnight credit improvement (as measured by tightening spreads) in Germany (-19%), France (-15%), Italy (-14%), Portugal (-14%) and Spain (-13%)?
- If EU officials are forced to choose between "Bear Stearns" (JPM) and "Lehman," won't they opt for the former as the latter matter will splatter?
- Did you see the WSJ article on how bearish bets on Greece will be short-lived?
- Weren't there similar sighs of relief when Bear Stearns was taken off the table?
- How long will it take for Fannie Mae (FNM) (Portugal) and American International Group (AIG) (Spain) to spring holes in the sovereign dike?
- While the path that we take trumps the destination we arrive at, is the upside opportunity between "here" and "there" the definition of dancing between the elephants?
- Will the rally into layered resistance and Turnaround Tuesday prove to be an easy fade (read: sale)?
- Or is the pop (through resistance) and drop (after the shorts scramble) the most likely scenario in the near-term, particularly given the reverse dandruff in the S&P?
- How is it that I don't have any Hall & Oates on my iPod?
- Don't bad times define good friends just as bad seasons define good fans?
- The Massachusetts Unemployment Insurance Fund went belly up?
- While Illinois is near the point of fiscal disintegration?
- If this is a "recovery," what the heck will the next downdraft feel like?
- Is Ben Bernanke about to say "shrinkage" in this picture?
- Doesn't it feel like every trader in the free world is staring at the same technical level?
- What would Neil Young say about that?
- Wouldn't the world be a niftier place if people did what they said and said what they did?
- Do you have to eat "cuddle"-fish with a spoon?
- Get it, a spoon?
- How much geopolitical risk premium is currently in crude?
- Isn't it ironic that in the digital age of social networks, more and more people are tightening their circles and taking care of their own?
- With everyone focused on the Athens Aid, could a left fielder emerge to knock our socks off?
- VXO 17ish?
- Is it safe to say that the Age of Austerity has arrived?
- Have you peeked at Professor Ron Coby's Crash Course in Market Crashes?
- What would you do if you didn't stare at screens all day?
- Other than enjoy the journey?
- Remember late last year when we spun a bull case for the greenback and it seemed so wrong?
- Much like the bear case for crude did at $135.
- Or buying the banks on the Bear Stearns implosion?
- What's the most "unintuitive" move now?
Position in the s&p
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter