Answers I Really Wanna Know: Is the Rear-View Lurking?
History doesn't always repeat, but sometimes it rhymes.
- If this analog to 1929-1940 continues to play out, should we assume the fetal position in the corner?
- How did Tony Almeida's communication equipment work four floors below ground?
- While the bullish March trend is evident, shouldn't we pay heed to the quiet storm?
- If you don't believe us, perhaps Mr. Soros can lend some insight?
- Seeing both sides, is that reverse dandruff in the S&P as long as the 780-800 zone holds?
- Have YOU wished Television's JeffMacke© a happy 40th birthday today?
- Is it safe to say that Research in Motion (RIMM) successfully filled the upside gap?
- Anyone else get the sense someone was very short that stock into earnings?
- Is the Ford (F) news (reducing debt by $10 billion) a step in the right direction for the market at large?
- Or a pimple on an elephant's arse in the grand scheme of things?
- Will TD-AmeriMinyans please phone home?
- SunMicro (JAVA): Dead money or takeover bait?
- Is Mike Mayo spreading himself thin with his negative call on the financials in front of earnings?
- Should this article on executive compensation by Professor "Lt. Dan" Englander be required reading for all Fortune 500 executives.
- With the "70-70" rule in mind, is it silly to nibble on some Fannie Mae (FNM) at 70 cents after being short it at $70, less we see some de-hypothecation?
- Snake eyes?
- What's a catchier '70's commercial, Bumble Bee tuna or Juicy Fruit gum?
- Has anyone else read Joe Torre's book and wondered if the MLB performance enhancing mindset mirrored the immediate gratification, A.D.D. society that prayed to the false idolatry of money and worshiped the Goddesses of Britney, Paris and Lindsey?
- Would I be showing my age if I said that Kool and the Gang was one of the best live performances I've ever seen?
- What's $4 trillion between friends?
- Will Jack and Renee be singing Rod Stewart this season?
- Did you see that the dry eyes today in the industrial complex yesterday included General Electric (GE), United Technology (UTX) and Boeing (BA).
- What's the path of maximum frustration?
- What are the odds that Alcoa (AA) touches on "financial staying power" when it reports?
- Have you taken a moment to sniff out Professor Smita's bull market timer, which I think is an invaluable tool as we edge through these trying times?
- Will the non-winners of the Minyan March Madness choose to make a digestible donation to the Ruby Peck Foundation, of which 100% will be donated to causes consistent with our mission and selected by the Sedaccas?
- If the recent rally was predicated on the perception of reflation, will it take actual reflation (or validation on the fundamental front) to leg this puppy higher?
- If you employ a disciplined approach, can't we take that journey one step at a time and remove the guesswork?
- And maybe, just maybe, enjoy the purpose of the journey that is the journey itself?
In memory of our fallen friend and trusted colleague, Bennet Sedacca, 100% of the donations made to the RP Foundation through April will be channeled to philanthropic endeavors consistent with the RP mission, working closely with the Sedacca clan in the distribution of those funds. We thank you kindly for your support as we strive to effect positive change in the lives of children.
Daily Recap Newsletter