Answers I Really Wanna Know: How Much Geopolitical Strife Is Priced Into Crude?
Iran opens naval base at Strait of Hormuz.
- Can President Tyler affect yet another Turnaround Tuesday?
- Particularly given the "flight to safety" trade unwound overnight as the Yen fell the most in two weeks against the Euro and U.S. treasuries fielded supply?
- Wanna wager a buck that there was significant currency manip… er, intervention?
- Isn't the only difference between intervention and manipulation communication?
- The tricky Nikkei tacked on 6.4% after dipping below NKY 7000 for the first time in 26 years?
- Twenty-six years?
- If the NASDAQ bubble was bigger than the Nikkei and the resulting debt and derivative bubble is the MOAB (mother of all bubbles), how many lost decades await the United States?
- How's the venison?
- How much "geopolitical angst premium" is currently priced into the crude?
- Particularly given that Iran just opened a naval base at the Straight of Hormuz?
- Why can't we all just get along?
- Given the last four October rallies on the 13th (936 points), 16th (401 points), 20th (413 points) and 23rd (172 points) were followed by two day declines of 810 points, 286 points, 746 points and 515 points respectively, doesn't Hoofy have to wrestle the benefit of the doubt from Boo?
- In the absence of water, are people so thirsty that they'll drink the sand?
- Do they drink the sand because they're thirsty or do they drink the sand because they don't know the difference?
- Between the haphazard tape and the regulatory scrapes, it's shocking that hedge funds are on track to post their worst monthly decline in a decade (and, perhaps, ever)?
- Will forced selling continue to weigh on the fray or will the other side of our "Fund v. Fund" dynamic begin to manifest?
- Particularly if S&P 840 (the October 1oth intraday low) can somehow hold?
- What's the single safest place for your kids to trick or treat?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter