Answers I Really Wanna Know: Which Trading Team is Off-Sides?
By Todd Harrison Feb 03, 2009 9:00 am
With everyone waiting for a bailout, can banks rally?
- Is everyone in the world conditioned to believe that the next bailout effort won't work, not even for a trade?
- While nationalization may indeed loom, isn't the "easy" downside trade in the banks long gone?
- If and when we tag our perceived 2009 nadir near S&P 600, will it finally be time to dip into the long-term bucket and put some of that nest egg to work?
- And focus on things needed to feed, power and educate the world?
- While we respect Deflation in the 'Ville-remember, it was our primary theme of 2008 before it was on any other radar-won't dry powder serve us in good stead when commodities again emerge as the place to be?
- How can you not be affected by what's going on these days?
- Are you respecting the textbook churn-working off the oversold condition as a function of time rather than price-in the S&P?
- How 'bout the Dow Jones Industrial Average?
- The NDX?
- Didn't Professor Jeff Saut say in Ojai that the next world war would be fought over water rather than oil?
- Does everything taste better with mushrooms?
- Does anyone else agree that a Disney (DIS)-Yahoo (YHOO) marriage makes sense?
- Will the Toddo Sleep-O-Meter strike again?
- How 'bout a big ol' happy birthday to Mama Harrison?
- While I'm "buying dips to sell blips" in the financials-including Wells Fargo (WFC) and Morgan Stanley (MS)-have I adequately communicated that I'm paring risk (both ways) at the end of each session as a function of discipline?
- Even as Mother Morgan sports acne above $20?
- If everyone is waiting for the bank rescue package to pass, won't these stocks, as a forward-looking discount mechanism, rally in advance of the news?
- Or was that the 26% six-session sprint last week?
- Have you ever read The Letter I War Story when I got thumped for multiple sevens?
- Why are we listening to the same people who never saw this coming for solutions on how to lead us out of it?
- The best catch in Super Bowl history: David Tyree or Santonio Holmes?
- What have you learned?
- Y'all seeing all the sudden press regarding the crossroads of protectionism vs. globalization?
- Did you see Professor Jeff Cooper's near-term take on crude this morning?
- How 'bout some white light for Beulah Macke?
- Don't we have to believe that there's a better way to do business?
- That, by surrounding ourselves with people we trust that have skill sets that complement our own, our chances of surviving and thriving increase in kind?
- That there are people out there who are very good at what they do but better at who they are?
- Isn't that the very definition of Minyanville?
Positions in MS, WFC, YHOO
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter