Answers I Really Wanna Know: Which Trading Team is Off-Sides?
With everyone waiting for a bailout, can banks rally?
- Is everyone in the world conditioned to believe that the next bailout effort won't work, not even for a trade?
- While nationalization may indeed loom, isn't the "easy" downside trade in the banks long gone?
- If and when we tag our perceived 2009 nadir near S&P 600, will it finally be time to dip into the long-term bucket and put some of that nest egg to work?
- And focus on things needed to feed, power and educate the world?
- While we respect Deflation in the 'Ville-remember, it was our primary theme of 2008 before it was on any other radar-won't dry powder serve us in good stead when commodities again emerge as the place to be?
- How can you not be affected by what's going on these days?
- Are you respecting the textbook churn-working off the oversold condition as a function of time rather than price-in the S&P?
- How 'bout the Dow Jones Industrial Average?
- The NDX?
- Didn't Professor Jeff Saut say in Ojai that the next world war would be fought over water rather than oil?
- Does everything taste better with mushrooms?
- Does anyone else agree that a Disney (DIS)-Yahoo (YHOO) marriage makes sense?
- Will the Toddo Sleep-O-Meter strike again?
- How 'bout a big ol' happy birthday to Mama Harrison?
- While I'm "buying dips to sell blips" in the financials-including Wells Fargo (WFC) and Morgan Stanley (MS)-have I adequately communicated that I'm paring risk (both ways) at the end of each session as a function of discipline?
- Even as Mother Morgan sports acne above $20?
- If everyone is waiting for the bank rescue package to pass, won't these stocks, as a forward-looking discount mechanism, rally in advance of the news?
- Or was that the 26% six-session sprint last week?
- Have you ever read The Letter I War Story when I got thumped for multiple sevens?
- Why are we listening to the same people who never saw this coming for solutions on how to lead us out of it?
- The best catch in Super Bowl history: David Tyree or Santonio Holmes?
- What have you learned?
- Y'all seeing all the sudden press regarding the crossroads of protectionism vs. globalization?
- Did you see Professor Jeff Cooper's near-term take on crude this morning?
- How 'bout some white light for Beulah Macke?
- Don't we have to believe that there's a better way to do business?
- That, by surrounding ourselves with people we trust that have skill sets that complement our own, our chances of surviving and thriving increase in kind?
- That there are people out there who are very good at what they do but better at who they are?
- Isn't that the very definition of Minyanville?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter