Random Thoughts: Hoofy and Boo Score an Emmy Nomination!
MV in good company with CNN, Newsweek in New Approaches to Business and Financial reporting category.
Editor's Note: The following was posted in real time on our premium Buzz & Banter. It's being shared here for the benefit of the Minyanville community. See also Is the Worst of the 2008 Spook Behind Us?
Gate Sniffage! - 10:07 am
- Last Wednesday, as the Dryships (DRYS) equity epitaph was being written all over the Street (with the stock at $14 and change), I nibbled on this once proud puppy and slipped it into my book. A few days and 57% later, as it's simply a trade, I sold 2/3 and slapped a trailing stop on the leaves. Better lucky than smart.
- It's small potatoes, as is my exposure as a whole at present. Hit it to quit it and make it to take it, that's my motto until such time I define a discernible edge. There are a LOT of trading opps for the disciplined risk managers among us.
- S&P 985 and NDX 1368 are worth watching as they would create a "higher high" to go along with the multiple bottoms tested near S&P 840.
- Yes, those levels can be used by Boo as upside stops should he so wish.
- I will again remind Minyans, however, that the more times a level is tested, the weaker the level becomes (as demand is absorbed).
- It sure was nice seeing a semblance of normalcy return to NYC even if it was during a stretch when everyone was in pretend mode. Still, it yielded some interesting anecdotal evidence with regard to social mood and the breadth of economic impact.
- Lemme hop and get my bearings. I'll be back, Minyans, have a great session!
HEAR YE! HEAR YE! HEAR YE! - 10:28 am
STOP THE PRESSES AND PAY ATTENTION AS THIS IS SOMETHING WE SHOULD ALL TAKE A MOMENT TO APPRECIATE!
MINYANVILLE IS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE AND THRILLED TO SHARE THAT HOOFY & BOO HAVE BEEN NOMINATED FOR AN EMMY AWARD BY THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF TELEVISION ARTS & SCIENCES FOR BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL REPORTING.
YOU'VE COME A LONG WAY FELLAS AND WE'LL BE ROOTING FOR YOU WHEN THE WINNER IS ANNOUNCED ON TUESDAY, DECEMBER 2ND AT THE RAINBOW ROOM!
ENGINE ROOM, MORE SCREAM!
There's Enough Cloud for All Minyans! - 11:45 am
Chill Mick, we're an inclusive community and we've been on cloud nine since hearing that Hoofy and Boo have been nominated for an Emmy Award. We're up against Newsweek and CNN in the category of New Approaches to Business & Financial Reporting, but one step at a time and, in an effort to enjoy the journey, we're letting it all sink in. In other, non-narcissistic circles:
Did you know the doors to Festivus 2008 are officially open? Have you yet locked your spot for the critter trot as last year's soiree sold out? (This is our annual event to commingle our professors, partners and Minyans while chowing down and listening to live music. The very best part? It's for the kids in the good name of my grandfather.)
Daily Recap Newsletter