Answers: Not Even Government Is Bigger Than the Market
Boys on the Beltway sold the car crash, bought the cancer.
- Have you seen Hoofy & Boo's take on corporate family feuds?
- Don't the boys on the Beltway know that nobody is bigger than the market?
- That, while they sold the car crash, they bought the cancer?
- Which will manifest in one of two ways (a weaker dollar or lower asset classes)?
- And if it's the former, foreign holders of dollar-denominated assets will eventually balk after taking it "both ways" for seven years?
- Where the heck is Franklin Raines?
- Have you heard the one about the mandatory enrollment in Treasury-issued retirement bonds?
- Or the one about isolationism and protectionism being the other side of globalization?
- Are you making sure to sync your risk profile and time horizon?
- Are we clear that even if we traverse the other side of the "W," it doesn't preclude an upside try first?
- And remembering that if we take our journey one step at a time, using technical levels as a context rather than a catalyst, we'll maintain financial staying power even if we're wrong?
- Have you taken your free peek at our subscription products?
- Why do I dislike shaving so much?
- Why are olives so salty?
- Where the heck do capers come from?
- How crazy is it that "the first move is typically the false move after an FOMC decision" again proved true?
- If we asked if Russian banking system was improving, would the answer be "not yet?"
- Is the future of media "where news meets opinion?"
- Am I showing my age in going to the STYX concert tonight?
- Last quarter, we saw a rally into quarter-end and then a dump during the last two sessions. History doesn't always repeat but it sometimes rhymes so that begs the question: Will we again see the Suck and Duck?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter