Video: An Insider's Look at the Financial Crisis
Who's really to blame for the financial fallout?
Wall Street's head honchos faced tough questions today from legislators over executive pay and the causes of the financial crisis.
Lloyd Blankfein of Goldman Sachs (GS), Jamie Dimon of JPMorgan Chase (JPM), John Mack of Morgan Stanley (MS), and Brian Moynihan of Bank of America (BOA) all shared heated words about regulatory reform with the bipartisan commission established to probe the causes of the recession.
But through the lens of culpability, how much are these financial titans to blame? And what will unfold if society continues to vilify banks?
Join Todd as he offers some thoughts on today's hearings. Click below to watch the video.
And for newbie Minyans in our midst--and there are many of you-check out the following links, for to understand where we are, we must appreciate how we got here.
- Minyans in the Mountains II, Ojai Keynote, August 22, 2005
- The State of the Art, published in various iterations from 2005-2006
- Minyans in the Mountains III, Vail Keynote, August 16, 2006
- After The Gold Rush, June 13 2007
- The Credit Card, August 27, 2007
- Fire on the Mountain, November 6, 2007
- Level III Assets Broken Down, November 6, 2007
- Wall Street Confidential, January 16, 2008
- Anatomy of a Recession, March 12, 2008
- Chasing Liberty, March 26, 2008
- Who Has More Level 3 Assets Than Capital?, May 7, 2008
- Financial Tsunami Ahead, June 23, 2008
- Dead Banks Walking, August 25, 2008
- Pirate's Booty, September 03, 2008
Daily Recap Newsletter