Answers I Really Wanna Know: Turnaround Tuesday?
Are traders expecting the counter-trend today?
- Hey, why the wrong face?
- Is the "double whammy" Turnaround Tuesday set-up too easy?
- Or was that Easy?
- Do we need to trickle closer to crude $110 and S&P 1330-1350 before a defined risk action plan is triggered?
- Will you have a trading playbook in place when it arrives?
- For instance, wouldn't Continental (CAL) puts into $20ish make sense?
- How about USO calls (into $88ish) or peripheral energy plays such as Transocean (RIG) and Weatherford (WFT)?
- Perhaps some downside exposure in the financials in front of the inevitable secondary offerings?
- Such as American Express (AXP) into resistance at $40?
- Or short-side retail therapy after the recent snazzy rally?
- Wouldn't it be beneficial to have some of the top traders in the world sharing their ideas and insight with you all trading day long? 14 Day FREE Trial to Buzz & Banter
- Given Mr. T has captured 12% in less than two weeks, will the husky fella get off the yellow metal so gold can enjoy a one-day wonder?
- Is playing the commodity Snapper smart if the dollar has put in a meaningful low (as I suspect it has)?
- Or is that what we do?
- Is painting the US as the best house in a bad neighborhood inconsistent with the notion of globalization?
- Has Wall Street entered The State of the Art?
- Can somebody say "lawsuit"?
- If the economy is the single biggest issue in the upcoming election, shouldn't both candidates be careful for what they wish?
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG) is paying one of their senior peeps $400,000,000 worth of stock, effectively diluting existing shareholders?
- Who would have thunk it?
- Do you see Baidu (BIDU) filling the gap that we discussed on Friday?
- Have you read Professor Sedacca's three-part series on the tale of two markets and what it means for stocks?
- Can anyone else feel societal acrimony percolating at a quickened pace?
- WELL DO YOU?!?!
- How many more tricks does Hank have up his sleeve?
- Will the rest of us have a shirt by the time he retires?
- If humans have pet names, shouldn't pets have human names?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter