Things I've Learned
Life is made up of important lessons.
- Free will is God's greatest gift.
- Experience is a close second.
- Negative energy is wasted energy.
- You gotta have faith.
- Hope isn't a viable investment vehicle.
- The only difference between intervention and manipulation is communication.
- One hand washes the other.
- Good traders know how to make money but great traders know how to take a loss.
- Where you stand is a function of where you sit.
- Life is shaped by decisions made.
- Take the high road. It's less crowded and boasts a much better view.
- To appreciate where we are, you must understand how we got here.
- The opposite of love isn't hate; it's apathy.
- Stay out of debt.
- The friction between opinions is where true education resides.
- A dream is only as powerful as those who believe in it.
- Money comes and goes.
- The best way to build a growth company is by surrounding yourself with people who can themselves grow.
- Tenacity and resolve are the hallmarks of success.
- View obstacles as opportunities.
- The only difference between a lesson and a mistake is the ability to learn from it.
- The definition of an investment should never be a trade gone awry.
- By the time you get to where you think you want to be, the journey will be over.
- Think positive.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter