Answers I Really Wanna Know: The Big Bang Theory?
Commence countdown to the mark-to-market hearings on Thursday.
- Why do I get the sense that in terms of market volatility, we ain't seen nothing yet?
- Perhaps it's the historic Toddo Sleep-O-Meter readings this week?
- The looming Ides of March?
- Or the entirely more probable Mark-to-Market hearings on Thursday that every trader on the Street is watching?
- If the government doesn't pull a rabbit from their hat, will we see white flags and black swans on either side of the weekend?
- While I've been trading from the long side into this event, does discipline dictate selling strength (and flattening my short-term pad) into this widely watched unknown? (Yes.)
- While maintaining my S&P 600 bid for 25% of my long-term nest egg in tact? (Yes.)
- Doesn't history teach us that the Great Depression caused the stock market crash and not the other way around?
- Societal acrimony? What societal acrimony?
- You call that acrimony?
- Will online brokers emerge as winners in the new world as folks yank bank from financial advisers?
- In that scenario, won't a trusted choice for a financial voice play a massive role?
- If excess breeds excess, must we respect the question: What if we're only half way there?
- Are you ready for the Beast of the East to unleash some madness?
- 20,000 jobs slashed at hedge funds?
- Have you read Professor Bennet's excellent Beatles' Guide to the Bear Market?
- Who was it that said that bear markets are littered with false hope and empty promises (cyclical bulls nestled within a secular bear)?
- Is the entire world buying higher and selling lower?
- Are you in a position to use price to your advantage?
- Should we start an M&A activity list as anecdotal evidence of bullish stirrings?
- With Merck (MRK)-Schering Plough (SGP), Rohm and Haas (ROH)-Dow Chemical (DOW) and (possibly) Roche Holding-Genentech (DNA) on the running tally?
- Have you read on the Buzz & Banter that I'm steadily peeling out of my General Electric (GE) calls?
- Why does the phrase "dancing between the elephants" keep coming to mind?
- Did I mention that a slew of casual observers (who were quick to dismiss our warnings in September) pinged on Friday to inform me they're finally "all cash"?
- Doesn't it feel like a slew of pundits were quick to call a bottom yesterday?
- How do you reconcile those two admittedly anecdotal observations?
- Have you checked out the snazzy new OptionSmith by Professor Steve Smith? Why not take a FREE trial?
- Is this chart (courtesy of BTIG uber-strategist Mike O'Rourke) a snapshot of our long-vibed Wishbone World?
- Why do loud chewers bother me so much?
- Is this a form of protectionism?
- Why aren't those crispy noodles from Chinese chicken salads used more often in other meals?
- Oh joy, North Korea put its military on standby for 'war'?
- Did someone really take my legs out while I was going up for a game winning lay-up Saturday?
- Is the rest of planet feeling what I'm seeing in NYC?
- Tommy can you hear me? Tommy? Tommy?
- Did you know yesterday was National Napping Day or did you snooze through it?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter