Answers I Really Wanna Know: Dollars and Asset Classes
By Todd Harrison Oct 04, 2007 12:41 pm
Are you really surprised that the 3Q winners (hard assets) got punked to start the fourth quarter?
- Air bags?
- Shouldn't the trading desks that operate under the management of the folks who spoke to Bernanke during the August angst have their trading records examined?
- Who would conduct these investigations and why, pray tell, would anyone want to lift the proverbial kimono?
- Why hasn't this story gotten more play in the mainstream media (other than the fact that the most powerful people in the world don't want it to)?
- Holy Homies, do you see the giveback in that space?
- Didn't we ask the bulls yesterday to wait until the homies mounted HGX 185 before they whipped out their party hats?
- If they--and the banks--led us up...?
- Is G-L-O-R-I-A gonna join us for the Bonesfest tonight?
- Why can't I shake the feeling that yours truly will be the next in line for the MV stomach bug that's buzzing through MVHQ?
- While the sharpest corrections occur in the context of a bull market (and vice versa), how can we know, without the benefit of hindsight, the difference between a pullback and poppage?
- What's more amazing, John Travolta's rise from Vinnie Barbarino or Tom Hanks' ascent from Kip Wilson?
- Are you officially old when you're secretly excited getting into bed at 8:00 and stealing a good night's sleep?
- Is this the last week my Raiders will (ever) be in first place?
- Dollar. Asset classes. Asset classes. Dollar. Any questions?
- Is anyone else having a hard time getting G-L-O-R-I-A out of their head?
- Between MV Kids, The Exchange, The 12/7 Festivus, columns, trading, "other" huge roll-outs and the labor intensive process of hiring more MVHQ staffers, is it any wonder that my time management skillz are being tested?
- Are you really surprised that the 3Q winners (hard assets) got punked to start the fourth quarter?
- I mean, doesn't it make sense that funds held 'em up until their letters were sent?
- What's for lunch?
- Will a weak jobs number be viewed positively (more rate cuts!)?
- Will a strong jobs number be viewed positively (rate cuts working!)?
- Does that win-win mindset pave the way for maximum frustration through Red Dye?
- What weighs more, a ton of feathers or a ton of bricks?
- Was the fact that Mr. Potato head was sweating, rubbing the back of his neck and listening to trance music on his i-Pod a tell-tale sign that something was amiss?
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter