Answers I Really Wanna Know: Dollars and Asset Classes
Are you really surprised that the 3Q winners (hard assets) got punked to start the fourth quarter?
- Air bags?
- Shouldn't the trading desks that operate under the management of the folks who spoke to Bernanke during the August angst have their trading records examined?
- Who would conduct these investigations and why, pray tell, would anyone want to lift the proverbial kimono?
- Why hasn't this story gotten more play in the mainstream media (other than the fact that the most powerful people in the world don't want it to)?
- Holy Homies, do you see the giveback in that space?
- Didn't we ask the bulls yesterday to wait until the homies mounted HGX 185 before they whipped out their party hats?
- If they--and the banks--led us up...?
- Is G-L-O-R-I-A gonna join us for the Bonesfest tonight?
- Why can't I shake the feeling that yours truly will be the next in line for the MV stomach bug that's buzzing through MVHQ?
- While the sharpest corrections occur in the context of a bull market (and vice versa), how can we know, without the benefit of hindsight, the difference between a pullback and poppage?
- What's more amazing, John Travolta's rise from Vinnie Barbarino or Tom Hanks' ascent from Kip Wilson?
- Are you officially old when you're secretly excited getting into bed at 8:00 and stealing a good night's sleep?
- Is this the last week my Raiders will (ever) be in first place?
- Dollar. Asset classes. Asset classes. Dollar. Any questions?
- Is anyone else having a hard time getting G-L-O-R-I-A out of their head?
- Between MV Kids, The Exchange, The 12/7 Festivus, columns, trading, "other" huge roll-outs and the labor intensive process of hiring more MVHQ staffers, is it any wonder that my time management skillz are being tested?
- Are you really surprised that the 3Q winners (hard assets) got punked to start the fourth quarter?
- I mean, doesn't it make sense that funds held 'em up until their letters were sent?
- What's for lunch?
- Will a weak jobs number be viewed positively (more rate cuts!)?
- Will a strong jobs number be viewed positively (rate cuts working!)?
- Does that win-win mindset pave the way for maximum frustration through Red Dye?
- What weighs more, a ton of feathers or a ton of bricks?
- Was the fact that Mr. Potato head was sweating, rubbing the back of his neck and listening to trance music on his i-Pod a tell-tale sign that something was amiss?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter