Answers I Really Wanna Know: Hoofy and Boo Grill Big Ben
The Fed Chairman sits on the hot seat for another four years.
- Did you really think Big Ben would get the boot?
- Have you checked out Hoofy and Boo's exclusive interview with our Fed Chairman?
- Did anyone else awake this morning, see the downside action in China, look at the steady pre-market futures and say "Hmm... I wonder if we can learn a lot just by watching?"
- Did you know Otis Redding recorded "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay" three days before he passed away and never knew the incredible influence it had throughout the societal structure?
- Will this September be another to remember?
- Did you hear Dr. John Hussman opine "Ben Bernanke sees a recovery-but how would he know?"
- Isn't that similar to the sentiment we offered in March 2007 after Big Ben chimed, "At this juncture...the impact on the broader economy and financial markets of the problems in the subprime markets seems likely to be contained?"
- Does it scare anyone else that the unequivocal universal consensus is that the financial crisis has been averted?
- What if it simply changed shape?
- Isn't that a different conversation than, "Can we trade higher in the near-term?"
- Wouldn't that answer be, "Sure -- we can rally to S&P 1120 (another 8%) and still be stuck in the defined (bearish) downtrend from the 2007 top."
- Will the "best set-up of the year" prove too cute for the dog days of summer?
- Have I communicated that I continue to trade tech from the short side (selling blips to buy dips) as we traverse this technical toggle?
- While I don't claim to fully understand the nuances of Pepe DePew's excellent DeMark analysis, aren't those ducks Boo wants quacking in the same direction?
- Even if he's looking at the S&P and my lens is focused on tech?
- Who was it that said, "You don't have to be faster than the bear -- you just have to be faster than your friend?"
- Is the line between risk rationalization and effective trading audibles called the bottom line?
- Did Hank Paulson have a God Complex?
- Will yesterday's lethargy in the semis (Intel (INTC)), retail (Sears (SHLD), Target (TGT), Home Depot (HD), Lowe's (LOW)) and select beta (Research in Motion (RIMM) and Amazon (AMZN)) offer clues as we edge into Turnaround Tuesday?
- Will you be able to put down, "The Heart of Rock & Soul: The 1001 Greatest Singles Ever Made," the wonderful gift given to me by Minyan Dougie Kass?
- While neither rain, nor sleet nor the gloom of night can stop the postman from making their appointed rounds, will the financial crisis turn the trick?
- Where do you think the S&P will trade before mainstream media channels shift their lens from reward chasing to risk management?
- Consistent with our long-held view that the swine flu will "matter" (through the lens of economic activity), did you read the recent vibes from Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius as she discussed the virus that could infect up to 50% of the U.S population?
- If you could be the all-time greatest in any one sport, what would it be?
- How bout some seriously snazzy snaps for Professor Bill Feingold on the release of his new book, The Undoing of Cowardice?
- Did you see that unassisted triple play to end the Met game?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter