Answers I Really Wanna Know: Hoofy and Boo Grill Big Ben
By Todd Harrison Aug 25, 2009 9:40 am
The Fed Chairman sits on the hot seat for another four years.
- Did you really think Big Ben would get the boot?
- Have you checked out Hoofy and Boo's exclusive interview with our Fed Chairman?
- Did anyone else awake this morning, see the downside action in China, look at the steady pre-market futures and say "Hmm... I wonder if we can learn a lot just by watching?"
- Did you know Otis Redding recorded "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay" three days before he passed away and never knew the incredible influence it had throughout the societal structure?
- Will this September be another to remember?
- Did you hear Dr. John Hussman opine "Ben Bernanke sees a recovery-but how would he know?"
- Isn't that similar to the sentiment we offered in March 2007 after Big Ben chimed, "At this juncture...the impact on the broader economy and financial markets of the problems in the subprime markets seems likely to be contained?"
- Does it scare anyone else that the unequivocal universal consensus is that the financial crisis has been averted?
- What if it simply changed shape?
- Isn't that a different conversation than, "Can we trade higher in the near-term?"
- Wouldn't that answer be, "Sure -- we can rally to S&P 1120 (another 8%) and still be stuck in the defined (bearish) downtrend from the 2007 top."
- Will the "best set-up of the year" prove too cute for the dog days of summer?
- Have I communicated that I continue to trade tech from the short side (selling blips to buy dips) as we traverse this technical toggle?
- While I don't claim to fully understand the nuances of Pepe DePew's excellent DeMark analysis, aren't those ducks Boo wants quacking in the same direction?
- Even if he's looking at the S&P and my lens is focused on tech?
- Who was it that said, "You don't have to be faster than the bear -- you just have to be faster than your friend?"
- Is the line between risk rationalization and effective trading audibles called the bottom line?
- Did Hank Paulson have a God Complex?
- Will yesterday's lethargy in the semis (Intel (INTC)), retail (Sears (SHLD), Target (TGT), Home Depot (HD), Lowe's (LOW)) and select beta (Research in Motion (RIMM) and Amazon (AMZN)) offer clues as we edge into Turnaround Tuesday?
- Will you be able to put down, "The Heart of Rock & Soul: The 1001 Greatest Singles Ever Made," the wonderful gift given to me by Minyan Dougie Kass?
- While neither rain, nor sleet nor the gloom of night can stop the postman from making their appointed rounds, will the financial crisis turn the trick?
- Where do you think the S&P will trade before mainstream media channels shift their lens from reward chasing to risk management?
- Consistent with our long-held view that the swine flu will "matter" (through the lens of economic activity), did you read the recent vibes from Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius as she discussed the virus that could infect up to 50% of the U.S population?
- If you could be the all-time greatest in any one sport, what would it be?
- How bout some seriously snazzy snaps for Professor Bill Feingold on the release of his new book, The Undoing of Cowardice?
- Did you see that unassisted triple play to end the Met game?
Position in NDX, RIMM
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter