Answers I Really Wanna Know: An Allusion to Depression?
President Obama's economic forecast paints a grim picture.
- If the cultural perception of Britney, Lindsay and Paris was a precursor to the shift in social mood, what will the fallout from A-Rod and M-Phelps be?
- Following the 80% three-session sprint in Bank America (BAC), was there anything wrong with unwinding that position into today's binary event?
- If they suspend mark-to-market, is it safe to assume that the knee jerk reaction will be markedly higher?
- Given that would be more "drugs that mask the symptoms" rather than "medicine that cures the underlying disease," when would the bloom fade on that rose?
- How do you shoot the devil in the back; what if you miss?
- While I've been trading from the long side, did you read on yesterday's Buzz that I flattened my short-term risk and have entered today's session pounding my glove like Graig Nettles circa '77?
- Why not take a 14 Day FREE Trial to any of our premium subscriptions and get an added trading edge?
- If the whole is simply a sum of the parts, should we be that surprised that chatter of state sovereignty initiatives is starting to make the rounds?
- Hey, our job is to provoke-not shape-thought, right?
- Are you aware that Russian banks asked the government to moderate talks with foreign creditors on $400 billion of loans?
- Will the online media model be forced to shift to "pay-per-view" status?
- Are you looking through the lens of where you've been and what you've made or approaching life as a blessing full of forward-looking surprises?
- Why is the Toddo Sleep-O-Meter pounding the right side of the tachometer?
- President Obama warned last night that the economy would lose "about a trillion dollars worth of demand this year and a trillion dollars of demand next year given the contraction in the economy?"
- Given the current GDP, wouldn't that be awfully close to back-to-back 10% economic declines?
- And isn't that the most common definition of a "textbook" depression?"
- Is it a shocker that celebrity rags are facing tough times?
- I mean, who wants to read about Brangelina when you've got a family of four to feed?
- Is "Thing #3" the scariest thing I've read in a mighty long time?
- Are you in a position to buy lower and sell higher?
- Does your risk profile sync with your time horizon?
- Have you ever smelled mothballs?
- Societal acrimony? What societal acrimony?
- Why, after 18 years, do I still struggle with taking lunch meetings outside the office and away from my eight screens?
- Who was it that said we're only as good as our last trade?
- Isn't this what got us into trouble in the first place?
- How come MV Editor Matt Theal has a picture of Mario Lopez taped to his turret?
- Sexism in the City?
- Do you see that upside gap in Research in Motion (RIMM) between $77 and $95?
- If message boards are a microcosm of social mood, how long before tension manifests in a more meaningful way?
- Where is Rick Astley?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter