Answers I Really Wanna Know: An Allusion to Depression?
By Todd Harrison Feb 10, 2009 9:30 am
President Obama's economic forecast paints a grim picture.
- If the cultural perception of Britney, Lindsay and Paris was a precursor to the shift in social mood, what will the fallout from A-Rod and M-Phelps be?
- Following the 80% three-session sprint in Bank America (BAC), was there anything wrong with unwinding that position into today's binary event?
- If they suspend mark-to-market, is it safe to assume that the knee jerk reaction will be markedly higher?
- Given that would be more "drugs that mask the symptoms" rather than "medicine that cures the underlying disease," when would the bloom fade on that rose?
- How do you shoot the devil in the back; what if you miss?
- While I've been trading from the long side, did you read on yesterday's Buzz that I flattened my short-term risk and have entered today's session pounding my glove like Graig Nettles circa '77?
- Why not take a 14 Day FREE Trial to any of our premium subscriptions and get an added trading edge?
- If the whole is simply a sum of the parts, should we be that surprised that chatter of state sovereignty initiatives is starting to make the rounds?
- Hey, our job is to provoke-not shape-thought, right?
- Are you aware that Russian banks asked the government to moderate talks with foreign creditors on $400 billion of loans?
- Will the online media model be forced to shift to "pay-per-view" status?
- Are you looking through the lens of where you've been and what you've made or approaching life as a blessing full of forward-looking surprises?
- Why is the Toddo Sleep-O-Meter pounding the right side of the tachometer?
- President Obama warned last night that the economy would lose "about a trillion dollars worth of demand this year and a trillion dollars of demand next year given the contraction in the economy?"
- Given the current GDP, wouldn't that be awfully close to back-to-back 10% economic declines?
- And isn't that the most common definition of a "textbook" depression?"
- Is it a shocker that celebrity rags are facing tough times?
- I mean, who wants to read about Brangelina when you've got a family of four to feed?
- Is "Thing #3" the scariest thing I've read in a mighty long time?
- Are you in a position to buy lower and sell higher?
- Does your risk profile sync with your time horizon?
- Have you ever smelled mothballs?
- Societal acrimony? What societal acrimony?
- Why, after 18 years, do I still struggle with taking lunch meetings outside the office and away from my eight screens?
- Who was it that said we're only as good as our last trade?
- Isn't this what got us into trouble in the first place?
- How come MV Editor Matt Theal has a picture of Mario Lopez taped to his turret?
- Sexism in the City?
- Do you see that upside gap in Research in Motion (RIMM) between $77 and $95?
- If message boards are a microcosm of social mood, how long before tension manifests in a more meaningful way?
- Where is Rick Astley?
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter