Answers I Really Wanna Know: A Respite from Reality?
By Todd Harrison Mar 03, 2009 9:20 am
Wary Bulls eye Turnaround Tuesday.
- How many times can Bonnie Tyler save this tape?
- While I sat on my hands for most of yesterday's Art Carnage, did you read about my near-term approach and big picture game plan?
- Including "on the closing bell" call option nibbles in Boeing (BA), BHP Billiton (BHP), Intel (INTC), Research in Motion (RIMM), Ultra S&P (SSO) (which joined placeholder positions in Yahoo (YHOO) and Dryships (DRYS)) as the S&P nestled into 700?
- And should the S's mess to 600, I'll deploy 25% of my long-term account into equities (for the first time in many years).
- If you're active--trading, not sexually (although both are fine)--why not give the real time Buzz & Banter a free trial poke?
- Does anyone know what the national threat level currently is?
- Don't they have phones in the lockdown room at the White House?
- Has the looming 20% move begun?
- Who needs to trade size when you've got volatility like this?
- Have you checked out our new options newsletter, OptionSmith by Steve Smith - coming soon?
- Is there really anything wrong with a little St. Stephen on our time?
- Societal acrimony? What societal acrimony?
- Are you very good at what you do, better at who you are and believe that your name and word still mean something?
- Then why not join the Minyanville Underground Railroad and be a part of our global grid of human capital intent on affecting positive change?
- Why can't I get Ethel MUR-man out of my head?
- What do you fear more-missing or losing?
- Are you reminding yourself that opportunity cost is the other side of discipline?
- Does "Minyan Mun Yee" win the award as the best Minyanville moniker of all time?
- Can you say that five times fast?
- Professional athlete salary deflation?
- If YOU were gonna introduce some game changing regulations, would YOU buy slug of a major bank-say, Citigroup (C)-before announcing the shift?
- Particularly if YOU were catching a lot of heat for spending taxpayer's money?
- Remember all those capital injections by U.S. sovereign wealth funds into financial institutions way back when?
- How's the mood in those circles these days?
- Anyone else miss the Critter's Choice Awards?
- Did you see CDS spreads across the spectrum-banks (Bank of America (BAC), Citi (C), JPMorgan (JPM), Wells Fargo (WFC)), life insurers, General Electric (GE)-poppin' like Bluto in a college cafeteria yesterday?
- Is this song an inevitable element of my immediate future?
- Who will win our First Annual MVHQ Karaoke Award tonight?
- Are you, at the very least, trying to enjoy the journey?
Positions in DRYS, BA, BHP, RIMM, SSO, YHOO
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter