Answers I Really Wanna Know: Squeeze or Wheeze?
Can we adapt our style to the new rules of the game?
- Why did some say that yesterday's crude spike was due to anxiety regarding the bailout plan?
- Isn't it, by definition, an unintended consequence of it?
- Did anyone else notice Texas Tea rallied precisely to the underbelly of massive reverse dandruff?
- Have we jumped the shark from deflation to hyperinflation?
- If they're gonna change the rules in the middle of the game, isn't the onus on us to adapt our perception in kind?
- At least until foreign holders of dollar-denominated assets-already anxious after years of diminishing return-scream "Uncle Sam" and debase the world reserve currency?
- As Mr. Practical once sagely said, don't all roads ultimately lead to deflation?
- If our long-standing lens of "asset class deflation vs. dollar devaluation" remains in play, what does it say that equities couldn't climb aboard the Matador City Express?
- What's the world record for coffee consumption in any given morning?
- Don't we need to pay heed to the specter of Turnaround Tuesday?
- Particularly as "my brother" (who has the best pure trading feel I've ever seen) tells me that the RTH, USO, SPY and all other ETF's are hard to borrow (tough to short) and, in his view, could spark a massive rally as the bailout is passed?
- Is the ability not to trade more important than trading ability?
- Or at the very least, risk management more important than reward chasing?
- Especially when operating in this environment is like trying to dance during an earthquake?
- The National Retail Federation said weakness in the housing market, rising unemployment and lackluster income growth are going to be tough challenges for consumers and retailers this holiday season?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter