Random Thoughts: Wall Street Blame Game
Not everyone who works in finance is a "Wolf."
Editor's Note: The following was posted in real time on our premium Buzz & Banter. It's being shared here for the benefit of the Minyanville community. See also Sixteen Candles and Operation Long Side.
Roll Away the Dew with Cassidy and Boo - 12:31 pm
The Freaky Monday Fray continues to sway as I juggle several duties in the hallowed halls of MVHQ. In no particular order, this is what I'm dewing thus far today:
- Working my brother Adam in Baltimore to shoot down this weekend for the Ravens game against my resurgent Raiders.
- Trading the energy space from the long side--including Weatherford (WFT) and BHP Billiton (BHP)--with a hit it to quit it mentality and trailing stops.
- Operating on my odd-lot SPY puts with a stop above today's high.
- Trying to get through my inbox and empathizing with Sisyphus.
- Noting the lethargy in Sears (SHLD), Target (TGT), Wal-Mart (WMT) and the udder consumer plays.
- Hoping against hope that the next sixteen days pass without incident.
- Wondering if we'll look back at the action in big beta and the pink piggies as a sign towards Red Dye.
- Having just got the "fill" from my brother, dusting off my silver and black Marcus MVP game jersey that he wore in the '83 Bowl. Nothing better than taking in some pigskin with your only brother, eh?
- Getting sorta, kinda really fed up with the talk show disgust aimed at Wall Street.
- What, like we're all bad people? We're evil doers, one and all? We're all Jordan Belforts that bilked grandma and grandma out of their retirement money?
- Come on now people--there are a lot of solid, purposeful people with integrity in this business and while there were certainly bad apples, one big blame brush is entirely unfair.
- Wondering if we get confused, whether we should just listen to the music play? (Yes.)
Daily Recap Newsletter