Random Thoughts: Preparing For the Next Leg
The end-user will continue to struggle as the credit crisis waffles from Wall Street to Main Street.
- Jeezums! I feel like a moth in a light bulb factory today--so much to do, so little time!
- Then it again, it could be worse!
- Pepe Depew's insanely talented 5 Things inspired my morning missive.
- The semis stand out as green beans in the Red Sea.
- Textbook technical analysis dictates that the retest of a breakdown or breakout is the optimal spot to initiate risk.
- If that proves true, SOX 330 is nice and tight defined risk for Boo.
- Isn't this like saying "Gee honey, we haven't hit traffic the entire trip!"
- Other levels of lore? BKX 60, Mon Frere. See it all the way back to 2002.
- I'll tell ya, Sisyphus had nothing on my inbox.
- As discussed , I've got a pairs trade on with consumer non-durables on one side (General Mills (GIS), Coca Cola (KO)) and retail on the other (Wal-Mart (WMT), Sears Holding (SHLD)).
- The thesis is that the commodity meltage lowered input costs for the non-durables that won't be passed through to the consumer, improving margins, while the end-user will continue to struggle as the credit crisis waffles from Wall Street to Main Street.
- You know what else continues to continue? A massive disconnect between credit and equity. I'll continue to harp on it because it's the greatest story never told by the mainstream media.
- Oh, they'll cover it, but as an after-the-fact explanation rather and through the lens of proactive preparedness.
- I've been trading around a small USO call position and, for the last three days, have bought the opening and pared into the close. While my net P&L is marginally lower, "trading around" the position has allowed me to effectively operate as I play for a Snapper 1) into par ($100) the first time and 2) with an eye towards the forming storms on the horizon.
- My big picture thesis is deflation, mind you, I'm simply playing the path rather than the destination.
- T-Minus six days until THAT day, which is my own personal transition to a new year.
- So what are we gonna do about it? Celebrate life, love, friendship and each other with a post-close MVHQ Happy Hour. The purpose of the journey is the journey itself and what a journey it's been!
Want top traders to sit at your desk and share their insight and ideas?
Minyanville's Buzz and Banter- 14 day FREE trial
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter