Doin' It Bloggystyle: Random Lunch, Takeover Mania, Breakfast in America, Rocket's Return
Minyanville brings together the best of what they are saying "out there" about the topics we're talking about right here.
Blogs themselves need no introduction, as they get as much publicity as pretty much anything these days, save maybe the latest Britney news. There's an expanding world of excellent financial blogs, covering pretty much everything from global economics to swing trading. Minyanville's goal is to bring together the best of what they are saying "out there" about the topics we're talking about right here.
- Pass the Herb? Rumors are growing like weeds.
- Barry wonders why now and not, say, three years ago when everything was actually cheaper.
- Predicting five buyout names correctly is less impressive when you take 155 stabs at it. Stocktagger 'splains.
If there's a bustle in your hedge fund, don't be alarmed now...
- 130/30 "Hedge Funds" all the rage? Better for Asset Gathering, than Alpha Generation, says Roger at Information Arbitrage.
- All About Alpha tackles some media misinterpretation of the recent Fed report on hedge funds here, here and here.
The Following Takes Place Between 2 AM and 3 AM...
- Not sure I loved "24" last night. Other than the return of Jack's sister-in-law. Almost like they've gone to an auto-plot generator this season wherein they have certain twists they have to cycle in before the cliffhanger.
- Watching 24 gives a good rating though.
- Speaking of China, Yaser Anwar has a rundown of the Beneficiaries of China's consumer spending.
Breakfast In America
- Woodstock for Capitalists kicks into high gear
- Jeff Matthews scribes from his pilgrimage to Omaha.
- Random Roger needs more Cowbell.
So what are they saying about the Rocket's Return?
- "Roger Clemens is in George's box! Roger Clemens is standing right in George Steinbrenner's box!!" -Yankee Announcer Suzyn Waldman
- "If you think it's about money, you're greatly mistaken. I'm not going to put my body through the paces I put my body through to earn a few more dollars" -Roger Clemens.
- "Would it kill someone once to say yes, it's about the money?" -Adam Warner.
- "I don't think I would ever do it (put a clause in a contract that allows you to not show up) because of the fact I personally think it would disrespect the team and your teammates." -David Wells.
- "For a million a start, I think I could hang with the team for four months." -Adam Warner
- "I just feel as though the odds of Clemens either breaking down or becoming involved in a massive scandal seem to be much greater than the odds of him continuing to be an elite pitcher. And if he stinks … it's going to be glorious. Just glorious." -Bill Simmons
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter