Really Random Thoughts!
Waiting is the hardest part!
- Would the price go down if the Cubs were included in the deal?
- From Pepe's Five Things This Morning:
- The word "stagflation" was reportedly coined by British Tory MP Iain MacLeod in a 1965 speech to Parliament.
- "We now have the worst of both worlds - not just inflation on the one side or stagnation on the other. We have a sort of 'stagflation' situation," he said.
- In simplest terms, stagflation is inflation + recession... at the same time!
- "Impossible," said Keynesian theorists, who in the 1970s comprised the dominant force in economic theory and practice.
- According to Keynes, recessions are solved by one thing: inflation. But what solves inflation, according to Keynes? One thing: recession.
- So, does the book about the history of New Century end at Chapter 11?
- Relatively speaking, crude seems to be quite a good value-as shown in this chart.
- Does Circuit City source its brass balls from China?
- Sure, it smells good. But newsprint is so easy to overcook.
- Do you take IOU's?
- Who the Devil is this guy?
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter