Answers I Really Wanna Know...
By Todd Harrison Jul 24, 2007 9:48 am
Can the tape really run without the financials?
- How many fund managers will suffer the same fate?
- Will the laggy banks and punkish homies continue their swill until the S&P wakes up and shakes lower?
- Or has the tape acted absolutely fabu given those sectors, setting the stage for a sharp Snapper if and when their counter-trend bounce arrives?
- Does the technical toggle that is 1540 answer these questions and define our risk?
- How about S&P 1548 and 1555 as other near-term ursine backstops?
- When's the last time that you smiled so hard that your face hurt?
- Does the Chrysler deal, scheduled to wrap up next Monday or Tuesday, serve as a psychological LBO proxy?
- The dollar index has a "seven-handle" for the first time in a decade?
- Why are so many folks suffering from panic attacks?
- Is that a by-product of the manifesting societal acrimony?
- What's the speed of dark?
- Do you see that KKR is refusing to budge on the lending terms of the 11 deals worth $121 bln currently in their pipeline?
- Are you viewing this Countrywide Financial (CFC) "miss" through the right lens given its multi-year trendline?
- That Edie Sedgwick story is tragic, eh?
- Have you seen how the homies are fulfilling their "bubble comparison"?
- Should those that breed dog fighting behavior be tossed in a locked room with those canines for a while?
- Are you watching the drillers tickle the top end of their band camp?
- As they're 31.5% above the 200-day, proving once again that bull markets tend to stay overbought longer than most would think?
- Why does it typically take something bad to make us realize we've got it good?
- Can the tape really run without the financials? (I say "not", for long anyway.)
- Is there anything sweeter to Yankee ears than cocky Sox fans?
- Is Boo gonna find finally find his groove and boogie like Napoleon?
- What did you wanna know about China?
And, a special cameo edition of "Answers I Really Wanna Know" as provided by Professor Bennet Sedacca…
- If someone told you that:
1) Oil would be $75 a barrel
2) Subprime would implode
3) Corporate spreads would be blowing out
4) Housing was in a death spiral
5) Debt was exploding
6) P/E's would be 19
7) The average P/E would be 25
8) GDP growth slowed to nearly 0
9) Inflation was higher
10) The war continued in Iraq
11) Earnings growth would slow to 5%
Would you believe that:
1) The Trannies would be at or near record highs?
2) The Dow would be at 14,000?
3) Hedgers would be record long?
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter