Doin' It Bloggystyle: Private Equity and Random Links
Minyanville brings together the best of what they are saying "out there" about the topics we're talking about right here.
Blogs themselves need no introduction, as they get as much publicity as pretty much anything these days, save maybe the latest Britney news. There's an expanding world of excellent financial blogs, covering pretty much everything from global economics to swing trading. Minyanville's goal is to bring together the best of what they are saying "out there" about the topics we're talking about right here.
As best I can tell, having Financial TV drone on in the background all day every day has not altered my thinking process, though my wife alleges I now answer every question with "well, if that's what Blackstone would do, then sure, count me in."
Private Equity and the Dollar
- Kevin sees it consolidating at major support.
- Barry's looking for a continuation of the short-term countertrend rally.
- Grace Cheng not so much, he sees vulnerability.
Private Equity, and Spotting Some Market Trends
- That high correlation lately between the VIX and the SPX? Not so good, says VIX and More.
- Dr. Brett picks up a buying panic in the SPY's.
- And speaking of trends, mucho congrats to Howard and Wallstrip. Bought out by Private Equity... I mean CBS. Here's hoping the new corporate overlords don't mess with the formula and have Lindsay *accidentally* bump into Jim Nantz or Charlie Sheen in one of those people on the street segments, lol.
Private Equity and Rattling Off Some Names
- Ugly picks from Ugly.
- Chris Perruna with potential setups in Home Inns & Hotels Management (HMIN).
- The Trading Goddess with the Bottom Line on CNET Networks (CNET).
- Brian Shannon checks out Yum Brands (YUM) at Alpha Trends.
Private Equity As the Yankees Turn....
- Huge Win though for the Yankees on Monday. Huge. As this paper notes "A-Rod, Wang do in BoSox."
- Kind of agree though with this from Dan Shanoff "Yankees beat Red Sox: Reading too much into this win as symbolism of a season not yet dead as critics claimed is as ridiculous as reading too much into the Yankees' slow start as symbolism of a season as dead as critics claimed."
- But this Jason Giambi non-issue *issue* has to take the cake. We're supposed to believe that the Yankees are going to void the 1 3/4 years left on his contract?
- It's like $20 million, which for them is equivalent to my withholding a tip at one of my 17 visits to Dunkin Donuts each day. You can barely sign a 45 year old fake-retired pitcher for that any more.
- Private Equity and the Lost Angeles Angels of Anaheim/Irvine/CTU would take him onboard in a heartbeat.
- Meanwhile back in Gotham City, Suzyn Waldman apparently wants to get Mad Dog Russo in the Octagon over his re-re-re airing of her coverage of the Clemens signing.
- Not going to make a major habit of defending Mike and the Mad Dog in this space, but gotta side with them here. She was a cross between a 14 year old girl in a Jeter t-shirt and Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally. Not to mention it was all over the internet anyway. I heard a clip as recently as this morning on Mike and Mike.
- You can be the judge, here.
Private Equity and a Warning:
The following contains graphic plot giveaways from 24. If you don't want it spoiled, I would stop here.
- I kind of agree with Watching 24. Not sure if I loved it or was hugely let down.
- Season as a whole though a definite let down. The plot got way stretched the last eight hours or whatever since Jack got Fayed.
- This sounds like I'm kidding, but I'm serious. They should do two "12's" instead of one "24." Too many filler stories as it is now.
- Possible twist to look for. The Chinese sub got Jack's dad and/or the component in time.
- Possible twist I can hope for: Rena Sofer becomes a recurring character...
- Possible twist that will never happen: One of those strategically placed Cisco (CSCO) products explodes, and we learn that John Chambers is the mastermind behind next season's plot.
- But just as they catch Chambers, it turns out he was secretly a front for Private Equity.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter