Answers I Really Wanna Know: Jumping the Shark in Our Wishbone World?
By Todd Harrison Oct 14, 2008 8:20 am
Which path will be taken towards a recovery?
- Was Friday the 2008 trading low before a harsher downside comeuppance arrives in 2009?
- Given the historic rally that occurred while the bond market was closed yesterday, how will the equity thermometer react with the credit backbone open?
- Particularly with Credit Default Swaps in the financials lower across the board this morning?
- Is the "easy" trade the first fade (lower) today before a truer tone emerges?
- Has the script been written into expiration?
- While I punted my bull costume into the eye-popping lift, have I adequately expressed that I'm open-minded to the upside and trading "two-sided" as a function of time and price?
- If you're not already on it, shouldn't you take a free trial to the Minyanville Buzz & Banter to get our trading commentary in real-time?
- Given the S&P rallied 20% from Friday's low to yesterday's close, how does a disciplined trader not take a step back to breathe?
- Citigroup (C), Wells Fargo (WFC), JP Morgan Chase (JPM), Bank of America (BAC), Goldman Sachs (GS), Morgan Stanley (MS), State Street Bank (STT), Bank of New York Mellon (BK) and Merrill Lynch (MER) are the "chosen nine"?
- The preferred stakes will be non-dilutive?
- Riddle me this-what bank will now be able to issue a secondary offering?
- Would YOU want to be underneath the government in the new world capital structure?
- Are you being careful to not assume that this is an absolute positive for existing shareholders?
I thought Bank America and Mother Merrill were one and the same?
- Have we officially jumped the shark in Our Wishbone World?
- Does the path of maximum frustration dictate that the savers-the prudent folks who preserved capital or raised cash-suffer as a result of dollar devaluation?
- Not to mention all the big money funds that cashed out, setting the stage for performance anxiety into year-end?
- Directional bias aside, does anyone believe that this insane volatility is particularly healthy?
- Hey, why the long face?
- Are you trying to catch every trade or are you content to risk capital on situations with an advantageous set-up?
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter