Answers: Is a Down Day in the Cards?
The bears look to tetherball the tape.
- Did you know the DJIA closed in a different direction from the prior session eleven straight days?
- Wouldn't that fit with a lower close given today is Turnaround Tuesday?
- Did you read on yesterday's late day Buzz that I tethered out some short-side exposure into the bell in front of today's traditionally contra-trend session?
- With an eye towards flattening out before I selfishly scoot to vacation on Thursday?
- Should S&P 950 edge closer-particularly after a sharp pop-wouldn't that offer the most defined risk profile of the year for our bear Boo?
- Could we get there next week when everyone and their sister will be away from the fray?
- Was anyone else extremely underwhelmed by the final hour of 24?
- If you were in the OECD, wouldn't you have OCD too?
- While Morgan Stanley (MS), Goldman Sachs (GS) and JP Morgan (JPM) race to repay TARP funds, what are the ramifications of the 600 small and midsized banks that are flunking the stress test?
- If commercial real estate is the next shoe to fall, will Minyans really be that surprised?
- Especially if that read this, this, this, this and this?
- While the U.S. recession, which started in December 2007, will "probably end" in the third quarter (according to the median estimate of 61 economists surveyed by Bloomberg), did you see hedge fund titans Daniel Och, David Einhorn, John Horseman and Dmitry Balyasny told clients that the stock market rally won't last?
- Doesn't that fit with the "W" scenario we posited a few weeks ago?
- Who had more unresolved upside? Cobain, Biggie, Tupac, Belushi, Candy or Farley?
- Do you believe we should know what the Federal Reserve is doing with our tax dollars?
- If you're staring at every tick, isn't that a telltale sign that you're positioned too big?
- Remember when FASB first flickered on our radar?
- Is it time to begin focusing on it again?
- Other than giving Memoirs a final read over my upcoming respite, should I turn off the keppe and leave the laptop at home?
- Did you know that today is BTIG's 7th Annual "Commissions for Charity Day" where they'll funnel all trading commissions to several worthy charities?
- Are you keeping Pakistan on ye radar?
- If excess breeds excess, will aggregate S&P earnings trade at a single digit multiple before we put in a true bottom?
- With the VXO about to trade with a 2-handle, is it again time to begin building positive gamma positions?
- Have you checked out the ten worst meals in America?
- Have you turned your Mini-Minyans on to Minyanland so they can learn to earn, spend, save and give?
- Regulated containment indeed, eh?
- But what about the unintended consequences?
- Such as a seismic currency readjustment?
- Does it really make sense that a debt bubble representing a decade of cumulative societal excess will stop on a borrowed dime?
- Or would we be wise to channel the wise words of Jimmy Cliff?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter