Watching Movies With Disney
Say what you will about Disney, the company has an unassailable movie library.
Hello from lazy town (population: me), where I just got done watching Beauty and the Beast with my freshly de-tattooed birthday girl. Say what you will about my Disney (DIS) long (I'll go with "blah"); the company has an unassailable movie library. I wouldn't trade a hive full of Dreamworks (DWA) Bee Movies for a single Beauty and the Beast or, for that matter, even a Cars. In less over-sharing news:
- Separated at Birth: Pete Najarian and Gaston.
- Speaking of Gaston... er... Pete, the Pit Boss just pinged me, noting that it feels a little odd for the XLF to have given up the ghost this morning. Goldman's (GS) news has been good for Goldman and that's about it, so far.
- On the other paw, the retailers seem to be holding their gains quite well and Home Depot (HD) is flat, for no good fundamental reason at all. As Prof. Coop and others often note, it's not the news, it's the reaction. The market isn't expecting much from the retailers as they report this week. For the moment, at least, the reaction is strong.
- "We few... we happy few... we band of brothers..."
- Minyan Dougie Kass is looking for one of the largest point gains in history on the Dow today. We're off to a strong start but I'm just not feeling that kind of exuberance just yet. Maybe after a piece of birthday cake...
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter