Answers: The Invisible Hand Stand!
Curious bids kick-save the tape at critical support
- While I learned to trade an assimilation off four primary metrics-fundamentals, technicals, structural and psychology-do we need to add a fifth dimension in the form of an invisible hand?
- Were you really that surprised that a mysterious bid appeared yesterday into close and kick-saved the day?
- I know, I know, I'm a conspiracy theorist, right?
- Or... not?
- If we paint by numbers, would this picture be considered pornography?
- Just as the tape overshot S&P 950 (and traded to S&P 956 before failing), shouldn't we draw the line at S&P 875 with a crayon rather than a pencil?
- Is anyone else troubled that the widespread consensus agrees "Armageddon" has been taken off the table?
- Or is that consistent with our vibes last September when we offered that the government bought the cancer and sold the car crash?
- Remember long ago when I sensed Google (GOOG) could make a run at the New York Times?
- And it was probably my worst call of 2008?
- Will I cement my well-earned reputation of being notoriously early if this marriage comes to pass?
- Or Disney (DIS) for Yahoo (YHOO), for that matter?
- Is "early" necessarily bad?
- The VXO (volatility index) rallied 40% through to peak since last week?
- Gold (GLD): A bearish double top or (bullish) reverse dandruff?
- Is the swine flu the quietest pandemic in history?
- Did you know that five minutes and six seconds after 4:00 on July 8th this year, the time and date was 04:05:06 07/08/09 (and that won't happen again until the year 3009)?
- Did Def Leppard ever get the snaps they deserved?
- Can someone please explain to me how it's possible to wrap a pile of poo and sell it as a gem?
- Would a rally (back through S&P 956) followed by the mother of all declines qualify as the path of maximum frustration?
- If the mechanics of your swing outweigh the results of the at-bat, does it really matter?
- OK fine, it matters, but won't that process keep you in the game fighting the good fight?
- Zeds dead but where's Jed?
- Y'all saw yesterday's sweaty breadth (nosty for the third session in a row)?
- Given the 9% two-session drop, did discipline dictate peeling off a slew of my Research in Motion (RIMM) downside try into yesterday's abyss and riding some stems and seeds for a credit? (yep)
- Particularly as we FLETCHED S&P 875?
- Remember when lower commodity prices was considered a positive equity tailwind?
- So, you're a philosopher?
- Are the head & shoulder formations getting too much play in the mainstream press?
- So, at the end of the day twenty times more people got to feel the pain of American International Group (AIG)?
- Is anyone else secretly excited for Sunday's season premiere of Entourage?
- Will East End Minyans join me on August 22nd at The Max Cure Foundation "Roar for a Cure" Carnival?
- Is the populous position ever the profitable one?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter