Answers: The Invisible Hand Stand!
By Todd Harrison Jul 09, 2009 8:35 am
Curious bids kick-save the tape at critical support
- While I learned to trade an assimilation off four primary metrics-fundamentals, technicals, structural and psychology-do we need to add a fifth dimension in the form of an invisible hand?
- Were you really that surprised that a mysterious bid appeared yesterday into close and kick-saved the day?
- I know, I know, I'm a conspiracy theorist, right?
- Or... not?
- If we paint by numbers, would this picture be considered pornography?
- Just as the tape overshot S&P 950 (and traded to S&P 956 before failing), shouldn't we draw the line at S&P 875 with a crayon rather than a pencil?
- Is anyone else troubled that the widespread consensus agrees "Armageddon" has been taken off the table?
- Or is that consistent with our vibes last September when we offered that the government bought the cancer and sold the car crash?
- Remember long ago when I sensed Google (GOOG) could make a run at the New York Times?
- And it was probably my worst call of 2008?
- Will I cement my well-earned reputation of being notoriously early if this marriage comes to pass?
- Or Disney (DIS) for Yahoo (YHOO), for that matter?
- Is "early" necessarily bad?
- The VXO (volatility index) rallied 40% through to peak since last week?
- Gold (GLD): A bearish double top or (bullish) reverse dandruff?
- Is the swine flu the quietest pandemic in history?
- Did you know that five minutes and six seconds after 4:00 on July 8th this year, the time and date was 04:05:06 07/08/09 (and that won't happen again until the year 3009)?
- Did Def Leppard ever get the snaps they deserved?
- Can someone please explain to me how it's possible to wrap a pile of poo and sell it as a gem?
- Would a rally (back through S&P 956) followed by the mother of all declines qualify as the path of maximum frustration?
- If the mechanics of your swing outweigh the results of the at-bat, does it really matter?
- OK fine, it matters, but won't that process keep you in the game fighting the good fight?
- Zeds dead but where's Jed?
- Y'all saw yesterday's sweaty breadth (nosty for the third session in a row)?
- Given the 9% two-session drop, did discipline dictate peeling off a slew of my Research in Motion (RIMM) downside try into yesterday's abyss and riding some stems and seeds for a credit? (yep)
- Particularly as we FLETCHED S&P 875?
- Remember when lower commodity prices was considered a positive equity tailwind?
- So, you're a philosopher?
- Are the head & shoulder formations getting too much play in the mainstream press?
- So, at the end of the day twenty times more people got to feel the pain of American International Group (AIG)?
- Is anyone else secretly excited for Sunday's season premiere of Entourage?
- Will East End Minyans join me on August 22nd at The Max Cure Foundation "Roar for a Cure" Carnival?
- Is the populous position ever the profitable one?
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter