Answers I Really Wanna Know: A Tad Too Obvious?
By Todd Harrison Jul 21, 2009 9:50 am
The path of maximum frustration is beset with sexy sirens.
- So, what are you doing on Wednesday?
- Through the lens of "you can learn a lot by watching," were the flattish pre-market futures Friday morning-in the face of CIT (CIT) concerns, Cali's credit downgrade and double Debbie Downers from General Electric (GE) and Google (GOOG)-all we needed to know about the near-term next steps for the tape (Friday and Monday)?
- Is the fact that the S&P rallied 72 handles since last Monday smack dab into the most important level of the year on Turnaround Tuesday (today)-with everyone expecting a breakout and put/call readings the lowest (yesterday) since the rally began-all you need to know in front of a perceived pause today?
- While we must always respect both sides of every trade-we paid homage to this yesterday-does it irk anyone else that you can't find a single market participant who doesn't subscribe to the notion that if (when?) we bust through S&P 955, we'll bee-line to S&P 1000-1050?
- So, you're a philosopher?
- Y'all see the pension problems percolating with our neighbors to the north?
- Will my perceived "W" play out over two years, which sorta jibes with the potential "double dip" offered by Nouriel Roubini?
- Speaking of Nouriel-or any number of high profile market prognosticators-isn't it amazing how quickly popular perception shifts when you're only as good as your last trade?
- Doesn't that support my assertion last month that there are no market pundits?
- What was super-tell Bank of America (BAC) (-5%) telling us yesterday?
- Have you read Mr. Practical's excellent take on Caterpillar (CAT) earnings?
- Looking for specific stock trades and a portfolio to follow? Why not a free trial to our FlexFolio by Quint Tatro, who has been impressive?
- Why is the thought of CSN at Red Rocks sounding better and better by the day?
- Is S&P 950-955 too "easy?"
- Was S&P 875?
- Is there anything wrong with occasionally stepping out of the batters box to clean your cleats if you're not seeing the seams on the ball?
- Kevin Dillon was the only actor from Entourage to get an Emmy nomination?
- Do Hoofy and Boo have a shot at another nod when their turn comes to pass?
- Does it "matter" that the BKX is thisclose to breaching the 50-day moving average after failing at the 200-day moving average?
- Was my primary lesson from last week, "Don't confuse individual equity stops with broader market resistance levels"?
- Or, "Good traders know how to make money but great traders know how to take a loss"?
- How many "CIT's" are out there and are government stress tests now purely predicated on counter-party risk?
- Societal acrimony? What societal acrimony?
- Can we see an environment where financial institutions trade in Fannieland (FNM) (less than a dollar) but the market still rocks and rolls?
- In other words, is "As go the piggies, so goes the poke" no longer viable in a land of government subsidy?
- Did you know that the S&P could rally to 1150-1200 and still be in a very defined downtrend?
- Why am I already excited to publish the full Memoirs-you know, the one that's not written specifically for an online "financial" audience and will delve deeper into individual situations?
- Is this the stuff what sustainable recoveries are made of?
- Or are we seeing expense reductions and channel stuffing?
- While I've been wrong (Early? No, wrong) of late, can I communicate that I continue to trade around a short bias, (with defined risk) but plan to pare my fare before I scoot Thursday for some out-of-state Minyan melds (with some blackjack with the Maven mixed in for good measure)?
- And I'm not entirely opposed to keeping some "underneath out-month" put options on my sheets?
- Home schooling doesn't seem so far-fetched anymore, eh?
- Is anyone else very ready for the autumn wind?
- Have you seen Hoofy & Boo's exclusive interview with Ben Bernanke?
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter