Answers I Really Wanna Know: A Tad Too Obvious?
The path of maximum frustration is beset with sexy sirens.
- So, what are you doing on Wednesday?
- Through the lens of "you can learn a lot by watching," were the flattish pre-market futures Friday morning-in the face of CIT (CIT) concerns, Cali's credit downgrade and double Debbie Downers from General Electric (GE) and Google (GOOG)-all we needed to know about the near-term next steps for the tape (Friday and Monday)?
- Is the fact that the S&P rallied 72 handles since last Monday smack dab into the most important level of the year on Turnaround Tuesday (today)-with everyone expecting a breakout and put/call readings the lowest (yesterday) since the rally began-all you need to know in front of a perceived pause today?
- While we must always respect both sides of every trade-we paid homage to this yesterday-does it irk anyone else that you can't find a single market participant who doesn't subscribe to the notion that if (when?) we bust through S&P 955, we'll bee-line to S&P 1000-1050?
- So, you're a philosopher?
- Y'all see the pension problems percolating with our neighbors to the north?
- Will my perceived "W" play out over two years, which sorta jibes with the potential "double dip" offered by Nouriel Roubini?
- Speaking of Nouriel-or any number of high profile market prognosticators-isn't it amazing how quickly popular perception shifts when you're only as good as your last trade?
- Doesn't that support my assertion last month that there are no market pundits?
- What was super-tell Bank of America (BAC) (-5%) telling us yesterday?
- Have you read Mr. Practical's excellent take on Caterpillar (CAT) earnings?
- Looking for specific stock trades and a portfolio to follow? Why not a free trial to our FlexFolio by Quint Tatro, who has been impressive?
- Why is the thought of CSN at Red Rocks sounding better and better by the day?
- Is S&P 950-955 too "easy?"
- Was S&P 875?
- Is there anything wrong with occasionally stepping out of the batters box to clean your cleats if you're not seeing the seams on the ball?
- Kevin Dillon was the only actor from Entourage to get an Emmy nomination?
- Do Hoofy and Boo have a shot at another nod when their turn comes to pass?
- Does it "matter" that the BKX is thisclose to breaching the 50-day moving average after failing at the 200-day moving average?
- Was my primary lesson from last week, "Don't confuse individual equity stops with broader market resistance levels"?
- Or, "Good traders know how to make money but great traders know how to take a loss"?
- How many "CIT's" are out there and are government stress tests now purely predicated on counter-party risk?
- Societal acrimony? What societal acrimony?
- Can we see an environment where financial institutions trade in Fannieland (FNM) (less than a dollar) but the market still rocks and rolls?
- In other words, is "As go the piggies, so goes the poke" no longer viable in a land of government subsidy?
- Did you know that the S&P could rally to 1150-1200 and still be in a very defined downtrend?
- Why am I already excited to publish the full Memoirs-you know, the one that's not written specifically for an online "financial" audience and will delve deeper into individual situations?
- Is this the stuff what sustainable recoveries are made of?
- Or are we seeing expense reductions and channel stuffing?
- While I've been wrong (Early? No, wrong) of late, can I communicate that I continue to trade around a short bias, (with defined risk) but plan to pare my fare before I scoot Thursday for some out-of-state Minyan melds (with some blackjack with the Maven mixed in for good measure)?
- And I'm not entirely opposed to keeping some "underneath out-month" put options on my sheets?
- Home schooling doesn't seem so far-fetched anymore, eh?
- Is anyone else very ready for the autumn wind?
- Have you seen Hoofy & Boo's exclusive interview with Ben Bernanke?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter