Doin' It Bloggystyle: Eddie Vedder, KB Homes, Bears, Making Millions, Mookie Blaylock
Minyanville brings together the best of what they are saying "out there" about the topics we're talking about right here.
Blogs themselves need no introduction, as they get as much publicity as pretty much anything these days, save maybe the latest Britney news. There's an expanding world of excellent financial blogs, covering pretty much everything from global economics to swing trading. Minyanville's goal is to bring together the best of what they are saying "out there" about the topics we're talking about right here.
Eddie Vedder: Stock Picker
As famed stock picker Eddie Vedder once (sort of) noted, "Oh, the pictures have all been washed in Blackstone Group, tattooed everything..."
- 24/7 Wall Street makes the case for this as a bit of a contrary indicator.
- As does Peridot Capitalist.
- Dealbreaker gets wind that maybe Goldman called BS on the valuation.
- This may or may not be related, but Options the Easy Way is going private.
Did we really dip because the housing data KB Homes (KBH) told us would suck, actually... sucked? Or as they say in the MSM, "the data (quote) sucked (unquote)."
- Good graph from the moment the numbers came out, via Filtering Wall Street.
- Housing Bubble blog runs it down from coast to coast.
- So which report is right? Barry says "the NAR prepared Existing Home Sales is the dud."
Number 1 on the Threatdown? Bears.
- Tim Knight explains why he hates America(n stocks).
- Bill Rempel vs. his bullish model.
- Wall St. Warrior is a little more optimistic, at least on the Nazz.
- I'm pretty down on volatility prospects on broken charts like this ICE.
Why make billions when you can make millions?
- Obviously the CNBC Million Dollar Challenge has little to do with portfolio managing skills, and a lot to do with dart throwing. Want to give that dart some radar guidance? Pete Stolcers set up some screeners here.
- My wife has an idea to make the (unbelievably frequent) B-Level celeb features more interesting. Make them live on a desolate island, dance, and answer 5th grade questions in addition to the picks.
And Some Leftovers
- Our long national nightmare is over! Ron Jaworski replaces Joe Theisman on Monday Night Football. Now, as a Giants fan, replacing a Redskin with an Eagle doesn't really do it for me. But I'll reach across the aisle here, Jaws is great.
- Now if he can only tell us whether Brett Favre will hang them up after the 2007 season...
- So help me, when I first saw the Teletubbies, I knew four unintelligible aliens doing interesting stuff like making custard would be an international hit. And now they are 10 and set for a weeklong Manhattan celebration.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter