Doin' it Bloggystyle: Random Sunshine, Making Money, Subprime Mess, Around the World, Long and Short
Minyanville brings together the best of what they are saying "out there" about the topics we're talking about right here.
Blogs themselves need no introduction, as they get as much publicity as pretty much anything these days, save maybe the latest Britney news. There's an expanding world of excellent financial blogs, covering pretty much everything from global economics to swing trading. Minyanville's goal is to bring together the best of what they are saying "out there" about the topics we're talking about right here.
Some bizarre giant, orange, heat-emitting object appeared briefly in the sky this morning. What a Day for Baseball!
- Shameless hucksterism, promoting your line of clothing with a *blog* on the MLB site? Maybe. Unless you are Alyssa Milano.
- OK, she has a full line of Mets *gear*. All is forgiven. And now I have a great idea for an anniversary present. I mean, what says " I would do it all over again" and "Let's Go Mets" quite like this.
- A review of the line by ...Ladies.
"They got the brains. I got the looks. Lets make lots of money."
...OK, scratch that second part.
- New Highs hit their highest level since last December, as per Ticker Sense, and as they note, "there have only been two periods where the S&P 500 went into a notable decline (5% or more) in the days immediately following a three month peak in new highs."
- Dr. Brett looks at Dow returns following extreme money flow days.
- Brad Sullivan's Equity Index Update for the week.
- Roger Ehrenberg on Volatility management in a complacent world.
Who gets hosed in a bailout of borrowers caught in the subprime mess? IMHO, anyone responsible enough not to buy a house they knew they couldn't actually afford.
- Michael Lewis wonders who the real victims are here (Hat Tip Abnormal).
- Just an aside though, but didn't Sir Alan once tell everyone to get Adjustable Rate Mortgages so they could buy more houses? How did that advice work out?
- Still, tough not to feel bad for all those caught in foreclosures, like these via Milionaire Now.
Around the World
- Yaser Anwar with an overview on China.
- Jim Sinclair wonders whether China is singlehandedly carrying the US market, via Jim Kingsland.
- Did the yen drop too far vs. the euro?
Long And Short
- Sell those Vince Young LEAPS in light of news that he is going to be on the cover of Madden '08. Allegedly.
- Just when I thought A-Rod was finally becoming a "True Yankee," word gets out about what went through his iPod last weekend in Oakland. Yes, near the birthplace of The Grateful Dead and Green Day it was ...Pat Nebetar... I mean Pat Benatar.
- Another short.
- It's a Patriot's Day Pizza Toss at Fenway.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter