Doin' It Bloggystyle: Blackstones, Meet The Blackstones
Minyanville brings together the best of what they are saying "out there" about the topics we're talking about right here.
Blogs themselves need no introduction, as they get as much publicity as pretty much anything these days, save maybe the latest Britney news. There's an expanding world of excellent financial blogs, covering pretty much everything from global economics to swing trading. Minyanville's goal is to bring together the best of what they are saying "out there" about the topics we're talking about right here.
"What's the matter with Blackstone, he's allright!"
- Terms of the IPO are set, as per 24/7 Wall Street.
- What are they saying about it in China? Here's a taste. If you can read Mandarin. Or whatever this is, lol.
Look Into the Crystal Ball
I predict that in ten years, there will only be a few ETF's. And only the four richest kings in the world will be able to afford them.
- But I could be wrong. If so, Bespoke Investment Group has Cheat Sheets to help you sort through all current ETF's here and here. (Hat Tip Abnormal Returns).
- Random Roger compares a package of individual country plays vs. the EAFE products.
- So what else is new? A new Healthcare X-Shares product, via ETF Trends.
- And I am in the registration stage for my new A-Rod based ETF.
- Ticker Sense polls a bunch of bloggers each week and comes up with a sentiment reading, most recently here.
- In the interests of full disclosure, I am part of the survey, but I have checked off Neutral virtually every time. I'm not a big directional caller.
- Fallond Picks takes a look at the data.
Don't Know About Geometry
- A Dash of Insight declares War on Parabolas. Or rather the hyperbole around parabolas.
- The point being, everyone is quick to call the lift in the markets parabolic, but few know what that actually means.
- Do I know? Hard to define parabola, although I think I would know it if I see it on my hotel set-top box.
Thoughs From an Overhyped Weekend
- Take four hours to play nine innings and you might even see A-Rod hit a 9th inning homer. Which should give him a one-week booing hiatus.
- I mean seriously, the Yankees might have five fewer wins without him this year.
- My first reaction when they were making sure Doug Mientkiewicz was still alive on Saturday was that they should ask him to sign over the 2004 World Series ball before he regains his senses.
- And spell his last name, says With Leather.
- So now all eyes turn towards Roger Clemens "fatigued groin."
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter