Random Thoughts: Rinse and Repeat
Here we go again.
Editor's Note: The following was posted in real time on our premium Buzz & Banter. It's being shared here for the benefit of the Minyanville community. See also Jumping the Shark in Our Wishbone World?, See the Ball!, Playing the Probe and The Buyers Are Higher.
- "IF" is a pretty flexible word. My sense is that we've seen the 2008 trading low IF credit begins to function, IF the dollar doesn't rally and IF we don't see serious geopolitical strife.
- IF wishes were knishes, I'd weigh 300 lbs.
- The tone and tenor of the retest will speak volumes. Look for higher lows and improving breadth as valuable clues in our trading muse.
- Remember, price discovery is a process rather than a point.
- Also remember that it's expiration on Friday and volatility will be exacerbated (both ways) in the preceding days.
- The homies still smell like nationalization to moi.
- Aw Jeez, I covered Sears Holding (SHLD) at $90?
- When senior insiders at Apartment Investment & Management (AIV), Boston Scientific (BSX), CBS (CBS), Viacom (VIA), Chesapeake (CHK), Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE), Life Time Fitness (LTM), MBIA (MBI), Tesoro (TSO) and XTO Energy (XTO) are all forced to sell shares on margin call, aren't we that much closer to a bot, er, a trading low?
- You're remember that this is contra-hour, right?
- My grandfather always taught me to stay out of debt. Thanks Ruby (again and again and again).
- Last night at knee-hab, I hit the wall. The docs were so used to me bouncing around with jokes and smiles, four of them approached me separately to ask if everything was alright. "Yeah," I responded, "but this world exacts a toll." True dat, Minyans, you really gotta want it.
What else do I want? Glad you asked. In no particular order:
- World peace.
- A strong showing from ye faithful at Festivus as it's for the kids.
- Nights without sirens.
- Weight deflation.
- Love, American Style.
- To run around with Ruby while we're both 21.
- John Candy to still be alive.
- Anybody playing the Red Sox or Broncos to win big.
- The perspective to know now what it will take another decade to experience.
- For Minyanville Newbie Editor Matt Theal would stop singing this song.
- You turn that frown upside down.
- Cats and dogs just get along.
- For Carolyn to smile when there's justice in the world.
- Minyans sport our gear with pride!
- The Raiders regain respectability.
- Phoebe lives another 13 years.
- People have learned that just because someone screams doesn't make the message more credible.
- That this finds you well.
Daily Recap Newsletter