Answers I Really Wanna Know: Will Turnaround Tuesday Strike Again?
Market dipped twenty percent yesterday, but today's a different day.
- Is ear hair a right of passage into middle age?
- Remember when I was a day--and 6%--early with the bovine vibe on November 19th?
- Will history repeat, particularly with Bonnie clearing her throat into Turnaround Tuesday?
- Looking on Mr. Brightside, did yesterday's heavy tape mask the fact that Amazon (AMZN) and Research in Motion (RIMM) wanted to rally and underlying demand continues to lurk?
- Did I have to toss my SSO and QLD (market risk) upside tries into the volcano so I could hold on to the above-mentioned master betas?
- Gulp! Will we really know in 3 hours?
- If I didn't hit it, quit it and sit it after the recent market rally, would I have been in the mood to fade (read: buy) yesterday's abyss for a trade?
- Will you be watching General Electric (GE) as a guide today in reaction to the news that it's cutting forward-looking guidance?
- Have you reminded yourself that setting stops removes emotion?
- And good traders know how to make money but great traders know how to take a loss?
- And proactive patience is a virtue?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter