Answers I Really Wanna Know: World, Hold On?
Hang tough on this Turnaround Tuesday.
- Have you seen the secret footage taken from the G-8 summit?
- With the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) canceling its credit line to Pdvesa (National Petroleum Company of Venezuela), Australia's decision to rule out deposit guarantees for foreign banks and Nicolas Sarkozy's proposal that each country launch sovereign wealth funds to take stakes in key industries to stop them from falling in foreign hands, is anyone else picking up a trend here?
- Such as, "When the going gets tough, the tough will protect their own interests"?
- The seeds of isolationism continue to sow. That has a familiar ring to it, eh?
- Y'all see the grabby greenback through a long-term lens?
- With an understanding of what that means for asset classes?
- Have you ever seen the rain?
- Along those lines, is this the calm before the storm?
- Have I effectively communicated that the long energy bet was and is a counter-trend trade?
- Has there ever been a better mess around?
- Whataya do when bulls get bearish and bears get bullish (other than take the other side for a trade)?
- Will online porn be the single biggest beneficiary of the stimulus package (again)?
- Does anybody else hear the word "chopsticks" and think of the movie Big?
- The VXO, which jumped 385% from the beginning of August to the recent peak, has given back half that move as angst abates?
- The average daily VXO close for four consecutive years (2004-2007) was 14.65 compared to the 17.65 point drop yesterday alone? (Thanks Mike O'Rourke of BTIG.)
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter