Answers I Really Wanna Know: The Beginning of the End?
Can financials shake this state of shock?
- Is this the beginning of the end of the trade lower given how verklempt everyone is?
- Or through the lens of denial-migration-panic, is this simply the beginning of the third phase of our psychology continuum?
- If the financials don't hold--and soon--won't we have a date with S&P 1050?
- Speaking of financials, do you see credit default swaps in Washington Mutual (WB) and Wachovia Bank (WM) opening 50 basis points higher while Bank America (BAC), Citigroup (C), Wells Fargo (WFC) and JP Morgan (JPM) are hovering ten basis points higher?
- Where were all the financial bears last summer?
- WOW, after the banking index fell 60% in a single year, eighteen of twenty-two analysts have "holds" or "sells" on Wachovia, fifteen of sixteen have a similar stance on Washington Mutual and twenty out of twenty-one are negative on Keycorp (KEY)?
- Will Dick Fuld take Lehman Brothers (LEH) private?
- Does it Seem Like Old Times Yet?
- Market vigilance or the changing face of socialism?
- Why does "the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent" keep popping into my crowded keppe?
- That John Maynard Keynes was no dope, eh?
- As I listen to a market pundit tell folks that real estate is never coming back, why am I whispering to myself that in the absence of water, people are so thirsty that they'll drink the sand?
- They don't drink the sand because they're thirsty-they drink the sand because they don't know the difference?
- Is the bullish reverse dandruff in Apple (AAPL) "confirmed" with a move through $180?
- Or will that bearish downside monster gap fill in Google (GOOG)?
- Long Apple, short Google on a pairs?
- Geez, wouldn't it have been much easier to Sell in May and Go Away?
- I mean like 40% easier in the financials?
- What does it say about the pervasiveness of the invisible hand that so many folks are expecting Hank to save the day?
- The VXO was up (drum-roll please)... one percent yesterday?
- Can I share with ye faithful that I bought a small USO October put position and put it away for a rainy day?
Click to enlarge
- Where... the heck... is FRANKLIN RAINES?
- While a mean-reverting upside trade becomes more probable as a function of time and price, is five years of socioeconomic malaise really that far-fetched?
- How long did the dot.com's--or, the one's that made it--take to recover?
- How long is it taking real estate to rebound?
- Wouldn't it be prudent to allow for that scenerio such that anything "better" is an upside surprise?
- Back to trading--given that its Turnaround Tuesday and we're opening in the abyss, can Bonnie again turn a trick?
- Are you reading the thoughts of some of the best traders in the business in real-time throughout the trading day on Buzz & Banter?
- How many newbie fund managers know what the phrase "diaper affect" mean?
- Do you think Hank Paulson is psyched that he sold all of his Goldman (GS) stock tax-free?
- Do you think that Alan Greenspan still gets paid to speak?
- I come home to see Boo flying through the air like Neo? What goes on?!?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter