Answers: Turnaround Tuesday?
By Todd Harrison Jun 23, 2009 10:10 am
Can the bulls rally the troops as quarter-end looms?
- No matter how trying the market can be at times, will you please remember that it could be worse.
- Does one need only to look at the long-term FAS and FAZ charts (both sides of "financials on crack") to "see" how dangerous leveraged ETF's are as investment vehicles?
- With quarter-end a scant six sessions away, will the fear of missing morph back to the fear of losing?
- Is Turnaround Tuesday the nuttiest nonsensical phenomenon on Wall Street?
- With the VXO (fear gauge) up 15% in two sessions, were the rumors of it's death greatly exaggerated?
- Where are we on this psychological roller coaster, which is an extension of our oft-discussed denial-migration-panic curve?
- As I officially enter a personal "4-handle" today, am I still allowed to act silly?
- Or is age a state of mind, as evidenced by Television's JeffMacke©, who kicked it in my office yesterday as we talked tape, life and the benefits of taking the high road?
- As wandering eyes search for the next shoe, are municipalities nosing in front of commercial real estate?
- I mean Jeez, have you heard about what's going on in Cali?
- Oh, Cali?
- If our ten themes of 2009 play through, won't both eventually percolate?
- Do you continue to monitor Bank of America (BAC) as the single best intraday tell in the marketplace?
- You've seen this uber-important trend line in Apple (AAPL)?
- Will yesterday's relatively dry action in Home Depot (HD), Lowe's (LOW) and Wal-Mart (WMT) "speak volumes" when the tape turns?
- While the dollar is a "bigger picture lens," has anyone else noticed that the negative correlation day-to-day with asset classes of late?
- And, consistent with Turnaround Tuesday, it's off 75 bips in early trade?
- Did you see our FlexFolio is trading in the black while the S&P is -33% since the FlexFolio inception?
- What did the five fingers say to the face?
- If you thought people were peeved after the American International Group (AIG) boondoggles, can you imagine the societal acrimony that'll percolate when word spreads of record bonuses at Goldman Sachs (GS)?
- Not to mention this?
- Did you see Pepe Depew and I at my 40th Hippiefest?
- Where do you stand on the five battles that will define this financial war?
- Have you sniffed at the Huffington Post column on Minyanville?
- Can please I take a moment to thank my family and friends who made the last 40 years what they were, supporting me along the way and putting up with my considerable "stuff" throughout?
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter