Answers I Really Wanna Know: How Many are Hiding in Gold?
Are commodities a safe spot to lay low?
- Why is Don Henley's Shangri-La stuck in my head this morning?
- "Every day's a new day, that's what I've been told. Try to hold your head high when the world runs hot and cold?"
- Was "I'm just hiding in gold" the single most prevalent theme at The Money Show yesterday?
- Commodities as a hiding spot?
- Haven't we seen a similar movie before and it didn't end well?
- Does "long energy vs. short gold" make sense if structured with defined risk?
- The DJIA has retraced precisely 50% since the October 2007 all-time high?
- While that's no guarantor of a Snapper-the NDX is off 80% from the peak-is that worthy of a mention as Turnaround Tuesday looms?
- I'm already a self-loathing Yankee fan. Are the Raiders are trying to force me into the same pigskin situation?
- Are we about to see some consolidation in the energy space?
- Societal Acrimony? What societal acrimony?
- Do you remember last month when we walked through the anatomy of a profitable process?
- Was leaving for a speaking engagement yesterday-with upside exposure on my sheets-the definition of an unprofitable process?
- While I've got dry powder and will continue to trade around that bias, will I have to roll my March paper to avoid the dreaded front-month decay?
- Will we see our tradable rally before S&P 600ish arrives, which I've circled as a spot to deploy 25% of my heretofore 100% cash long-term account?
- Are these government "stress tests" in the financials their "out" if and when they have to pull the nationalization plug?
- Are you watching JP Morgan (JPM) today through the lens of "reaction to news is more important than the news itself?"
- Have you taken your two week FREE trial to our top notch subscription products?
- Have you checked out our new options newsletter by the talented Steve Smith - coming soon?
- Did someone on my panel yesterday really say I was "out over my skis" for suggesting certain banks are-and have been-insolvent?
- If I responded "I would rather be over my skis than buried under an avalanche of optimism the last two years," would I have stepped off the high road? (I didn't.)
- If Apple (AAPL), Baidu (BIDU), Google (GOOG) and Amazon (AMZN) are pretty in pink despite green pre-market futures, does that suggest further supply looms?
- Have you sticky noted "Financial Staying Power" to the bottom of your computer monitor?
- Will somebody please make this song stop?
- Does this 20-year chart of the S&P put things in perspective?
- If you flipped it upside down, would you be bullish or bearish?
- What is the world coming to when I have to rush home from the office in time for the 9:00 PM airing of 24?
- Do you want be in the Minyanville Underground Railroad (a human capital network that intertwines the world with like-minded individuals who believe our name and word still mean something and there is a better way to do business and a common ethos in how to do it)?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter