Answers I Really Wanna Know: Is Paulson a Lame Duck?
The upcoming transfer of power may give the Treasury Secretary an "out."
- Has the upcoming transfer of power effectively given Hank Paulson an "out?"
- What about the rest of us?
- Where's our out?
- On the Street?
- Do you close your eyes and buy 'em when General Motors (GM) and Ford (F) are finally fitted for toe tags?
- If you were a Hussman, what would you think of this market?
- Despite pointing to structural flaws on Wall Street for years, why do I still shake my head in amazement when I look at Citigroup (C) as a hat size, Blackstone (BX) as a ring size and Mother Morgan (MS) and Merrill Lynch (MER) both pre-teen?
- What's worse-getting blown out or losing on a last second field goal?
- Would now be a good time to share with ye faithful that my "Sleep-O-Meter" again red-lined last night?
- And through the years, when I can't fall asleep, it typically portends "something massive" is coming down the pipe?
Has anyone seen Television's JeffMacke and Charlie Runkle in the same room at the same time?
- What's $33 trillion in lost market cap (on a global basis over the past twelve months) between friends?
- Did Kansas City Fed President Thomas Hoenig admit the Fed ran out of ammunition?
- Remember where we said that the last bullet would be pointed?
- Was this the best interception in the history of the NFL?
- Can we agree that Californication lapped Entourage as the best show on television?
- Is Research in Motion (RIMM) a "bang for the buck" beta play into year-end?
- And the rest of the master beta plays-Google (GOOG), Amazon (AMZN), Apple (AAPL) and yes, even Baidu (BIDU)-could be rentals under the same "performance anxiety" thesis?
- Will what's good for the golden goose be good for an upside equity gander?
- How long before the hedge fund model shifts to "aggregate three year returns" to avoid managers getting paid on their annual high water mark?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter