Answers I Really Wanna Know: Stocks and Bondage
Breaking free from the ties that bind.
- Can you spare three minutes for a smile?
- Have you seen the "trading tax" proposal that would impose a .25% transfer tax on the purchase or sale of stocks, options and futures?
- Remember when we had that debate with television types trying to convince them that lower crude wouldn't be equity positive?
- Is it safe to say that we can put that discussion to rest?
Click to enlarge
- What do Minyan Doug Kass, Hunter S. Thompson and our current socioeconomic juncture have in common?
- Will the government pull some bunnies from their hat in front of tomorrow's expiration?
- Something to do with Mark-to-Market or CDS's?
- Or was that a Hanky Panky ploy?
- Or was this a Hanky Panky ploy?
- If Google (GOOG), Apple (AAPL) and Amazon (AMZN) are indicated lower with pre-market futures up nine, are the sellers showing their hand?
- Egg white omelets, salad sans dressing... and a half pint of ice cream (with the other half filled with peanut M&M's)?
- Is Elmer's admission regarding the need for partial bank nationalization the perfect bookend to his mixing this mess in the first place?
- Does anyone else sense that an APPLAUSE sign flashes every time a massive stimulus bill is signed?
- Is Timmy pounding the button?
- Is mental illness the most misunderstood societal disease?
- Do you want be in the Minyanville Underground Railroad (a network of human capital that intertwines the world with like-minded individuals who believe there is a better way to do business and a common ethos in how we do it)?
- If so, will you please click here?
- Sorta like a reverse MIM, eh?
- Stocks and Bondage?
- Why do I sense I'll regret excluding "professional athlete salary deflation" from my Ten Themes for 2009?
- Wouldn't the world be a better place if there were more stories like this?
- Have you read Professor Bennet Sedacca's latest missive on our current state of affairs?
- Are you really surprised to see the United Nations lobbying for their piece of the bailout pie?
- So what's the story between FBI Agent Renee Walker and her boss Larry Moss?
- Isn't it nice to see Hoofy and Boo make a cameo in the Chinese rags?
- Perhaps we should invest in helicopters?
- Societal acrimony? What societal acrimony?
- Is anyone else addicted to Arrested Development?
- Is it piggy to wait for Research in Motion (RIMM) $40?
- Why do folks look for answers from the same people that never saw this mess coming?
- If you're into nuts & guts trading stuff, are you reading the Buzz & Banter?
- We started with a smile, why not end with one as well?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter