Answers I Really Wanna Know: Stocks and Bondage
By Marcus Laun Feb 19, 2009 9:10 am
Breaking free from the ties that bind.
- Can you spare three minutes for a smile?
- Have you seen the "trading tax" proposal that would impose a .25% transfer tax on the purchase or sale of stocks, options and futures?
- Remember when we had that debate with television types trying to convince them that lower crude wouldn't be equity positive?
- Is it safe to say that we can put that discussion to rest?
Click to enlarge
- What do Minyan Doug Kass, Hunter S. Thompson and our current socioeconomic juncture have in common?
- Will the government pull some bunnies from their hat in front of tomorrow's expiration?
- Something to do with Mark-to-Market or CDS's?
- Or was that a Hanky Panky ploy?
- Or was this a Hanky Panky ploy?
- If Google (GOOG), Apple (AAPL) and Amazon (AMZN) are indicated lower with pre-market futures up nine, are the sellers showing their hand?
- Egg white omelets, salad sans dressing... and a half pint of ice cream (with the other half filled with peanut M&M's)?
- Is Elmer's admission regarding the need for partial bank nationalization the perfect bookend to his mixing this mess in the first place?
- Does anyone else sense that an APPLAUSE sign flashes every time a massive stimulus bill is signed?
- Is Timmy pounding the button?
- Is mental illness the most misunderstood societal disease?
- Do you want be in the Minyanville Underground Railroad (a network of human capital that intertwines the world with like-minded individuals who believe there is a better way to do business and a common ethos in how we do it)?
- If so, will you please click here?
- Sorta like a reverse MIM, eh?
- Stocks and Bondage?
- Why do I sense I'll regret excluding "professional athlete salary deflation" from my Ten Themes for 2009?
- Wouldn't the world be a better place if there were more stories like this?
- Have you read Professor Bennet Sedacca's latest missive on our current state of affairs?
- Are you really surprised to see the United Nations lobbying for their piece of the bailout pie?
- So what's the story between FBI Agent Renee Walker and her boss Larry Moss?
- Isn't it nice to see Hoofy and Boo make a cameo in the Chinese rags?
- Perhaps we should invest in helicopters?
- Societal acrimony? What societal acrimony?
- Is anyone else addicted to Arrested Development?
- Is it piggy to wait for Research in Motion (RIMM) $40?
- Why do folks look for answers from the same people that never saw this mess coming?
- If you're into nuts & guts trading stuff, are you reading the Buzz & Banter?
- We started with a smile, why not end with one as well?
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter