By Todd Harrison Sep 09, 2004 8:50 am
Thank you Nokia!
- Do you think Vidal Sassoon feels good yet?
- If Elmer didn't see the soft patch coming, how does he know that it's already gone?
- The German DAX failed anew at DAX 3900 and has breached the uptrend that has been in place since the August lows.
- Nokia (NOK:NYSE) hit the tape this morning and boosted third quarter sales and earnings forecast. The chart has a "gap" that fills at $14 and it looks like it's in motion.
- N's over S's?
- I've been talking to a few new potential professors and I'm pretty jacked.
- My grandfather Ruby--may he rest in peace--taught me how to be a man and how to live my life. One of his mantras was to stay out of debt at all costs. Perhaps it's a generational mindset as most older folks seem to agree with that view. It's clearly not the prevalent view, however, as evidenced by the massive levels of personal, corporate and government debt.
- But there's no inflation.
- Is it me or has Elmer been distancing himself from potential "blame candidates?"
- The Jakarta blast (outside the Australian Embassy) isn't gettin' much press. Can it be that we've become too complacent with regard to the risk premiums associated with the state of the union? The VXO Bar Mitzvah would argue that we are.
- Healthy body, healthy mind--it's been four days (and five pounds) but my energy level has already upticked considerably.
- Please see Scotto's educational analysis of the piggies.
- This could very well attribute to the prick in the psychology bubble. The question remains whether it'll "matter" before November?
- Ivan Put-ski! Oy...
- The dollar is grinding higher and retesting.....DXY 90.
- Texas Instruments (TXN:NYSE) wasn't good (they slashed revenue guidance) but it wasn't the disaster some were whispering. With the SOX stochastics oversold (and lotsa negative sentiment) vs. the BKX stochastics toppy (with lotsa optimism), the N's over S's theme has another sponsor.
- Are you ready for some football?!?
- All you have is your name and your word.
- Alotta nay-sayers and bear scares lost credibility last year (my hand is raised) but the reasons for doubt are quite valid and remain so. The fly in the ursine ointment was liquidity, refinancing and debt accumulation. Please don't confuse the issues or the catalysts, Minyans, and see the risks on both sides of the tape. Remember, the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter