The only thing to fear is no fear itself!
- I would like to officially welcome John Brooks to the Minyanville family. John is a Senior Vice President and Senior Analyst for Lowry's Reports, Inc. and will be posting his first column later today. Please help me in making him feel right at home!
- New ranges to monitor include NDX 1355-1390 and S&P 1018-1032.
- Sisyphus Boo!
- A laser pointer is without question the single best cat toy ever made.
- Have you downloaded your Minyanville icon yet?
- I've had discussions with a LOT of market players in an attempt to wrap my arms around conventional wisdom. While a pullback certainly wouldn't shock anybody, there is almost a universal belief that any weakness will be temporary.
- Rest in peace Warren Zevon.
- Breadth remains problematic but the downside remains sticky.
- $87,000,000,000 here, $87,000,000,000 there...
- Sean Michael Mueller, Bronco fan extraordinaire, is currently high bid to star in the animated Minyanville trailer. If he wins, I guess we'll have to revoke our "no Bronco fans allowed" rule at the Critters Choice Awards! The net proceeds from this auction will go to the Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education and the broad base of children's educational programs it supports such as, The East Harlem Tutorial Program , the Hollywood Education and Literacy Project (H.E.L.P) , Reading Rainbow , The National Mentoring Partnership and Little Kids Rock.
- The dollar is slipping to the worst levels of the day.
- Setting tight stops on day trading risk removes emotion (and defines your risk profile).
- It's hard to believe that Thursday is two years. In some ways, it feels like another lifetime. In others, it seems like yesterday.
- The action in Morgan Stanley (MWD:NYSE) and Lehman Brothers (LEH:NYSE) stands out. Boo will be hard pressed to impress without getting to the brokers.
- Beeks will pick up the pace Thursday with initial jobless claims (exp. 400k) and continuing claims (exp. 3650k) and Friday with the Pee Pee Eye (exp. .3, .1%), advanced retail sales (exp. 1.5%, less autos .8%), and the Wolverine confidence number (exp. 90.3).
- Neil Glassman is stopping by for a midday proteinfest. Hey Joanne, when is the last time he bought you lunch?
- Performance anxiety is powerful. Proof positive? Look how the biotechs and semis led us out of this morning's dearth. They're the highest "beta" stocks and portfolio managers are looking for the most bang for each buck.
- There's not a day that goes by that I don't talk to my grandfather.
- Until breached, S&P 1015-1020 will be a backstop for the bulls.
- Hey Kirky.
- It's been a long time since there was any real fear in the market. How long? When's the last time you heard the words "duct tape."
- Revenge of the herds! For three years, fading the Fed coined money. Now, they're back with a vengeance.
- Europe is trading down about 1% across the board. Nothing crazy.
- Minyan poll: What was the best gangster movie of all time? Send your response to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make you an offer you can't refuse!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter