May peace be with you!
I had a spiffy afternoon missive set to roll but my systems have more issues than my former therapist. As such, please allow me to offer some of the points (I remember) in Random Thoughts format.
- Is this what they mean by a higher court?
- Citi (C:NYSE) and the banks (not to be confused with Bennie and the Jets) are ticklin' session lows.
- The NDX trendline (from the Auggie lows) was breached (1378ish). The old school equilivant comes into play around S&P 1110 (which is also where the 200-day lives).
- Hey students! Wanna get on the critter express and participate in our internship program? Contact us for more details and get ready to learn more than you bargained for!
- I spent much of the weekend discussing glitter glue with my (second grade teacher) girlfriend and sister-in-law Faith. My gawd---what a difference three years makes--I've now become "that guy."
- Congratulations to Greg Collins on his promotion to Managing Director.
- Too many hopers into Texan (TXN:NYSE)? Quite possibly. The SOX just trickles to fresh '04 lows.
- Gold is grasping at $400 like Wiley Coyote to a branch.
- The cyclicals have thus far failed at the top of their eight month range.
- Wasabi Jonathan Krim!
- Be wary of the obvious trade.
- One day, the "real estate" portion of K-Mart (KMRT:NASD) will come home to roost.
- Fixed income has no quit in it.
- Radicals are dangerous regardless of their platform.
- Do you see what I see? (Hint: look out the window of the third picture).
- The PPI will be released on Friday and normally I would get excited about that. But I've lost faith in the credibility of these numbers (always honest) and just don't "get" what the BLS is doin' down there.
- My goal is that the staffers in the gym don't act so surprised when they see me again.
- Snaps to Collins.
- My email--among most other things--is shot. If you sent a message and I didn't respond, chances are my dog (systems) ate the homework.
- Fare ye well into the bell and have a peaceful night.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter