By Todd Harrison Sep 08, 2003 1:37 pm
How sweet it is!
- How can humans horse around, breed like rabbits, eat like pigs, be sly as foxes, wise as owls and act like bulls in a china shop?
- For the week of September 5th, insider sales ($415 million) morphed insider buys ($1.5 million). The trend continues.
- The vanilla gorillas are picking up the pace of their purchases.
- General Electric (GE:NYSE) is trying to edge through its June highs.
- If you knew the day you'd die, would you live your life any differently?
- John Hughes wrote the entire Weird Science script in two days.
- The importance of technical perspective: Looking at a one year chart of International Business Machines (IBM:NYSE), 90 looks like a major breakout. If you view the five year IBM chart, however, 90 appears to be mongo resistance.
- The Raiders deserved to lose last night (too many penalties). Hats off to the Titans.
- Watch the biotechs as they percolate. BTK 491 is the 200-day moving average.
- I didn't mean any disrespect to the hunting Minyans out there!
- The volume is lagging today.
- How can strategists who remained bullish for the last five years still be considered right?
- Lappy--be like Nike and just do it!
- The proposed Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) "solution" sums up the electoral agenda.
- Curb Your Enthusiasm has started to grow on me (in a good way).
- I'm psyched that Jimmy Fallon has joined to support the Critters Choice Awards. The animated auction should begin tomorrow, Minyans, and the "pre-market" level of interest is lining up!
- Does your P&L dictate your mood?
- Why do they call it a "Street Fair." I'd be more inclined to go to a "Street Great."
- The financials, while green, seem to be laboring a bit. I'm keying on Bank of America (BAC:NYSE) and Citigroup (C:NYSE).
- After the initial requisite "pop," will the Bin Laden capture rally prove to be an awesome fade?
- The breadth (holding 2:1 positive), financials and S&P 1030 (NDX 1380) are my daily tells.
- Fokker in Vegas!
- If you don't give 110% in this business, you're at a natural disadvantage.
- The action, performance anxiety and momentum are weeding out the few remaining bears. While that'll feed on itself to the upside, it also increases the risk of downside air pockets.
- The VIX continues to drip towards adolescence.
- Anthony Michael Hall turned down roles in Pretty in Pink (Duckie) and Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Cameron) so he would not be typecast. Oops.
position in spx, fnm
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter