Watch that dollar!
- If money doesn't grow on trees, why do banks have branches?
- The SEC is investigating possible fraud at Freddie Mac (FRE:NYSE). I'm not sure if it's a shocker, but it's further smoke in an already smoky room.
- Just as I penned the last column regarding possible snappage in the dollar, it started to rip higher. It smells like an intervention.
- Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up every two hours?
- As it stands, the breadth doesn't portend a Snapper cameo (it's still 2:1 negative). However, I would keep a close eye on the greenback (regardless of its "motivation") A reversal (up on the day) has the potential to shift sentiment (especially into quarter end).
- Biotechs trade quite dry.
- Why are you "in" a movie but "on" TV?
- Tomorrow Beeks peek: construction spending (exp. .4%), ISM manufacturing (exp. 55, prices paid 55).
- VXO 25ish (old VIX) is an area where the volatility index has failed since first settling into this range (in May). We're getting pretty close to that area--if we pop through, the potential for a more serious correction would increase.
- The Raiders are slinking along by with canes and crutches...but it's not over yet.
- How 'bout those Fokker Chronicles, eh?
- Cisco (CSCO:NASD) 20 "should" be/have been support. It's where the networking giant broke out from.
- How many fresh shorts entered the market this morning?
- How many traders are "trapped" long waiting for a rally to sell into?
- How many roads can a man walk down before you call him a man?
- Phoebe and Zoë did not appreciate this morning's analogy.
- Emma, Rebecca.....or Amanda?!?
- Markets that are down (up) all day typically close on their lows (highs). With that said, it's quarter-end and there are agendas galore. Factor that in the decision making process at some level.
- The NDX is hugging the 50-day moving average and setting the techs up for some end of day volatility (bounce or break).
- I like Mr. Practical.
- Why do doctors leave the room when you change?
- We're getting close to today's rubber meeting the road. If the Minx holds these levels for much longer, the newbie shorts will likely get nervous.
- The German DAX is down almost 3% and the rest of Europe is down between 1-2%. Somebody call Lord Tush!
- Mel Brooks or John Hughes?
- Big things are afoot in the city of critters--please stay tuned for updated announcements!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter