More Random Thoughts!
By Todd Harrison Sep 03, 2003 3:00 pm
Work to Live!
- The rotation migration continues as investors shift from previous winners (semis, banks, internets) into ketchup candidates.
- The underlying tenor (as measured by breadth) remains firmer than a college cheerleader.
- Congratulations to Larry "Flounder" Bergen on nailing today's trivia and winning a jazzy Minyanville tee. "LUV ME" was Christie Brinkley's license plate in National Lampoon's Vacation. Hey Larry....why the heck were you looking at the license plate?
- Can we add "psychology" to the list of ongoing bubbles?
- "Education is the ability to listen to almost anything w/o losing your temper or self confidence" - Robert Frost
- I've never been very good at buying (selling) just because everyone else is doing it. That's a liability in a momentum driven environment.
- Scotto makes some good observations regarding the collective level of angst. It sure seems as if the stakes have been raised.
- I just asked Rick Schottenfeld who he liked in the Raiders-Titans game and he said "Who cares?" I then asked him who his team was and he said the Giants. That explains the apathy!
- Tomorrow's semi-fest includes Intel's mid-quarter update (INTC:NASD) and National Semiconductor (NSM:NYSE) earnings.
- Months that begin with a Sunday always have a Friday the 13th.
- This business has more emotional swings than a bipolar hedonist.
- I'm sorry.
- The notion of rotation out of spikers into pikers flies in the face of the "relative strength" argument.
- Call me crazy, but I still see tons of overcapacity in the financial sector.
- I would like to suggest a new tradition. Every September 11th, we should hoist a Budweiser and wink at Bill.
- Tight stops allow you to play and stay.
- I got into a debate with my friends from Texas about the merits of hunting. Obviously, as a big fan of critters, I took the "con" side of the argument.
- The brokers continue to trade dry.
- Pick your spots.
- Is "free markets" an oxymoron?
- Hmmph...I was just gonna talk about the emergence of inflation (via higher commodity prices and an [eventually] lower greenback) but the tube beat me to it.
- The Critters take Manhattan!
- Contra-hour sell-off?
position in spx, intc
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter