More Random Thoughts!
Work to Live!
- The rotation migration continues as investors shift from previous winners (semis, banks, internets) into ketchup candidates.
- The underlying tenor (as measured by breadth) remains firmer than a college cheerleader.
- Congratulations to Larry "Flounder" Bergen on nailing today's trivia and winning a jazzy Minyanville tee. "LUV ME" was Christie Brinkley's license plate in National Lampoon's Vacation. Hey Larry....why the heck were you looking at the license plate?
- Can we add "psychology" to the list of ongoing bubbles?
- "Education is the ability to listen to almost anything w/o losing your temper or self confidence" - Robert Frost
- I've never been very good at buying (selling) just because everyone else is doing it. That's a liability in a momentum driven environment.
- Scotto makes some good observations regarding the collective level of angst. It sure seems as if the stakes have been raised.
- I just asked Rick Schottenfeld who he liked in the Raiders-Titans game and he said "Who cares?" I then asked him who his team was and he said the Giants. That explains the apathy!
- Tomorrow's semi-fest includes Intel's mid-quarter update (INTC:NASD) and National Semiconductor (NSM:NYSE) earnings.
- Months that begin with a Sunday always have a Friday the 13th.
- This business has more emotional swings than a bipolar hedonist.
- I'm sorry.
- The notion of rotation out of spikers into pikers flies in the face of the "relative strength" argument.
- Call me crazy, but I still see tons of overcapacity in the financial sector.
- I would like to suggest a new tradition. Every September 11th, we should hoist a Budweiser and wink at Bill.
- Tight stops allow you to play and stay.
- I got into a debate with my friends from Texas about the merits of hunting. Obviously, as a big fan of critters, I took the "con" side of the argument.
- The brokers continue to trade dry.
- Pick your spots.
- Is "free markets" an oxymoron?
- Hmmph...I was just gonna talk about the emergence of inflation (via higher commodity prices and an [eventually] lower greenback) but the tube beat me to it.
- The Critters take Manhattan!
- Contra-hour sell-off?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter