- Who really gets blue in the face?
- Gold (and gold stocks) act remarkably well given the equity traction.
- I've got buddies who work at retail shops telling me that they're seeing anxious buyers.
- Beeks swings by tomorrow with the Nonfarm Productivity (exp. 6.4%), Initial Jobless Claims (exp. 393k), Factory Orders (exp. .8%) and the I to the ISM Non-Manufacturing (exp. 62.5).
- Minyanville trivia: What did Christie Brinkley's license plate say in National Lampoon's Vacation? The first correct answer sent to firstname.lastname@example.org wins a spankin' brand new Minyanville tee!
- Attention please: From this moment on, Darol Ryan's Delta Tau Chi pledge name is Pee Wee (think Porky's).
- We're seeing massive call buyers across the board in tech. Keep an eye on that put/call ratio please (very low).
- There are times I see things (and people) on the tube and I have to bite my...fingers (not write about it).
- Who isn't a dip buyer right now?
- I'm hearing that this asteroid contains SARS and was the cause of the blackout.
- The rotation out of semis and banks continues. These are usually a pretty good duopoly to follow. Balance that against the minty breadth (been the best tell) and the traction in General Electric (GE:NYSE), Microsoft (MSFT:NASD) and Cisco (CSCO:NASD).
- There are fewer reasons to be short today vs. yesterday (as a function of the acne) Ironically, that increases the risk on the long side (after the shorts cover).
- Welcome Rice University Minyans!
- The Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) short squeeze is vicious. If ya hated it at 60...
- True story: Boo just got a spam email for generic Xanax.
- What, you mean mutual funds mark up?
- Pepe Depew is jammin'.
- After a serious smack down, the drug index (DRG) is retesting the 200-day moving average (on the upside).
- Admit it...you were wondering where Random Thoughts were.
- Our country has a serious budget (and attention) deficit issues.
- A good trader knows how to make money. A great trader knows how to take a loss.
- Bear markets operate in vicious cycles. Wipe out the bulls, wipe out the bears, wipe out the bulls, wipe out the bears...
- Active traders have set "sell stops" below S&P 1020.
- The Raiders got a tough draw out of the gate. The Titans are a strong team.
- If you're in a funk, take a step back and watch.
- Objective analysis dictates shifting the technical metric from "negative" to "positive." That doesn't mean they can't go down, it's just what is.
- Don't focus on what you don't have, be happy for what you've got.
- The stock market is the single biggest thermometer of American psychology, a fact not lost on our administration (heading into an election year).
- There are trades for the day, trades for a catalyst and trades for a thesis. Define your motivation before you assume risk.
- "Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips."
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter