By Todd Harrison Sep 29, 2004 11:51 am
Hump? What hump?
- On the count of three, everyone please say the immortal words of Charlie Brown's teacher...
- After a bye week, I had my weekly Succofest last night and we talked about the "infinite dimensions" that are a function of the non-linearity of time. It was mind-boggling in its implications.
- That's Gross!
- "The US dollar is going the way that [the British pound] went as it lost its place as the world's reserve currency," said Jim Rogers, the Wall Street wizard who in 1973 co-founded the Quantum Fund, one of the first and most successful hedge funds, in a recent interview. "I suspect there will be exchange controls in the US in the foreseeable future....Whoever is selected president is going to have serious problems in 2005-06. We Americans are going to suffer."
- You got railed!
- The master beta chase is alive and well as the net names and semi train rip to the upside. I (wrongly) opined that yesterday's tech action felt like a shoe was about to drop and it has--on Boo. Still, with quarters as back-end loaded as they are, keep that vibe in the back of your keppe as we edge towards today's close.
- Daisy come home!
- Chinese food for thought.
- Further vibes from Minyan Tony Dwyer:"With all the commentary surrounding the strong seasonal tendency of the 4th quarter, I wanted to quantify it. Since 1984, the SPX was up 85% of the time, with the only negative years being 1987, 1994 and 2000. The most consistently positive sectors were the Healthcare, Consumer Staples, Materials and Consumer Discretion."
- That's fine...but now some kid is trying to find their rabbit!
- I'm not sure if this is "news" but Reuters has reported that a US Federal Court in New York has ruled that part of the Patriot Act is unconstitutional.
- Hey Collins, how's that bacon, egg and cheese treating ya?
- Crude is off 1.25% on today's inventory data. It'll be interesting to see if the "reachers" buy (or sell) lower. My shrinking gut still thinks we see an oil spill before the election.
- Wanna introduce your firm to the critters? Minyanville will gladly offer a gratis month on your behalf. No strings, no kidding--give us a ping and we'll take care of the rest!
- Mirror image! N's over S's as the four-letter internals are 2:1 positive and the old school is flat.
- Keep a keen eye on Google (GOOG:NASD) as we edge towards the back nine of the Hump. The vehicle of choice for the mo'mo crowd banged its keppe at $135 and has retreated in kind. Pullback before the final push or an exhaustion point? The answer to that question will likely tell the tale for the broader tape.
- Benjamin Franklin compiled a list of more than 200 synonyms for drunk, including "cherry-merry," "nimptopsical," and "soaked."
- The dollar continues to grind higher but the metals hang tough.
- Think positive--it all starts within.
position in goog
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter