Hump? What hump?
- On the count of three, everyone please say the immortal words of Charlie Brown's teacher...
- After a bye week, I had my weekly Succofest last night and we talked about the "infinite dimensions" that are a function of the non-linearity of time. It was mind-boggling in its implications.
- That's Gross!
- "The US dollar is going the way that [the British pound] went as it lost its place as the world's reserve currency," said Jim Rogers, the Wall Street wizard who in 1973 co-founded the Quantum Fund, one of the first and most successful hedge funds, in a recent interview. "I suspect there will be exchange controls in the US in the foreseeable future....Whoever is selected president is going to have serious problems in 2005-06. We Americans are going to suffer."
- You got railed!
- The master beta chase is alive and well as the net names and semi train rip to the upside. I (wrongly) opined that yesterday's tech action felt like a shoe was about to drop and it has--on Boo. Still, with quarters as back-end loaded as they are, keep that vibe in the back of your keppe as we edge towards today's close.
- Daisy come home!
- Chinese food for thought.
- Further vibes from Minyan Tony Dwyer:"With all the commentary surrounding the strong seasonal tendency of the 4th quarter, I wanted to quantify it. Since 1984, the SPX was up 85% of the time, with the only negative years being 1987, 1994 and 2000. The most consistently positive sectors were the Healthcare, Consumer Staples, Materials and Consumer Discretion."
- That's fine...but now some kid is trying to find their rabbit!
- I'm not sure if this is "news" but Reuters has reported that a US Federal Court in New York has ruled that part of the Patriot Act is unconstitutional.
- Hey Collins, how's that bacon, egg and cheese treating ya?
- Crude is off 1.25% on today's inventory data. It'll be interesting to see if the "reachers" buy (or sell) lower. My shrinking gut still thinks we see an oil spill before the election.
- Wanna introduce your firm to the critters? Minyanville will gladly offer a gratis month on your behalf. No strings, no kidding--give us a ping and we'll take care of the rest!
- Mirror image! N's over S's as the four-letter internals are 2:1 positive and the old school is flat.
- Keep a keen eye on Google (GOOG:NASD) as we edge towards the back nine of the Hump. The vehicle of choice for the mo'mo crowd banged its keppe at $135 and has retreated in kind. Pullback before the final push or an exhaustion point? The answer to that question will likely tell the tale for the broader tape.
- Benjamin Franklin compiled a list of more than 200 synonyms for drunk, including "cherry-merry," "nimptopsical," and "soaked."
- The dollar continues to grind higher but the metals hang tough.
- Think positive--it all starts within.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter