Europe is getting smoked!
- Why does a round pizza come in a square box?
- Flow's Diner: Saw big to buy on the opening, size for sale mid-morning and then seven figures QQQ to buy (on the heels of the "sell stops"). Now, as we trade higher, the put sellers are kickin' out their protection/downside "specs" en masse (20,000 here, 10,000 there...).
- If you haven't read Professor Succo's piece this morning, "A History of Hedge Funds," you're missing an awesome tutorial.
- Goldman Sachs (GS:NYSE) still trades like an insider window is open.
- How many secular bull markets have been accompanied by surging gold prices?
- After last week's drubbing, the tape was quite oversold (in the short-term). That, coupled with reactive traders and pressy shorts, is the reason for today's Snapper. Do I think that the downside is over and done with? No--the only issue is timing.
- What did cured ham actually have?
- Breadth is markedly better in the S's (vs. N's).
- Are you bullish...I mean bearish...I mean bullish...I mean bearish? Take a deep breath and step back, please. It's called trading, not guessing.
- A Yankees/Cubs World Series would be awesome.
- NDX 1330 (September triple bottom) should provide some resistance.
- As Hoofy stated this morning, last week's pullback tested the NDX 50-day and S&P congestion area. It made sense for the bulls to try and make a stand there (particularly after the downside probe). As of now, however, the much ballyhooed S&P summer breakout was false acne (below 1015).
- "All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney (1901-1966)
- Does the Patriot Act affect the separation of powers?
- When's the last time you went to see live music?
- Beeks will swing by tomorrow with the consumer confidence (exp. 80.5) and the Chicago PMI (exp. 57).
- The goal, when trading, is to use prices to your advantage.
- Why does something pay off in spades? Wouldn't diamonds be better?
- The dollar index (93.44) is quickly approaching this year's closing low (93ish).
- Despite the green screens, Europe continues to trade on its heels (down on the day).
- If we put our two cents in and get a penny for our thoughts, who captures the spread?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter