Fare ye well!
- Where is THE wall that all the writing is on?
- Today's action is eerily similar to yesterday's tape. The only question I have is if it's too easy to have an instant replay
- Rebecca Quick or Emma?
- The brokers are starting to slip a bit harder--watch this as they've been a good leading indicator. XBD 585 is acne support and XBD 577 is the 50-day moving average.
- If you were on a deserted island and only had ketchup to eat for a year, how much would that suck?
- Is it "buy at Rosh Hashanah and sell on Yom Kippur?" or the other way around. I always forget.
- Don't be penny wise and dollar foolish.
- Can I say "ass-punch" on Minyanville?
- Rest in peace George Plimpton and Robert Palmer.
- 17 tons of gold is used to make wedding rings in U.S every year. (Just in case Lappy was interested)
- There is some serious cosmic nuttiness going around this week. I'm told that it's a function of some planetary alignment that occurs once every 400 years. I can't confirm that timeline--I'd better ask Neil Glassman for visual confirmation.
- Are frozen Yodels parve?
- Professor "Pepe" Depew, can you rustle up a sector bell curve so the Minyans can see how lopsided this market is? Hey, he already did! He must be bulimic!
- If the S&P slips through these levels, the next legitimate support is at S&P 950-960. NDX 1300-1305 is tech support.
- The toothbrush was invented in 1498.
- Minyanville Elementary and the University of Minyanville will open in the next few months. Hey Mellon, we're going back to school!
- Wanna get on your cat's good side? Fresh turkey. Trust me.
- The transports have led us to the downside this past week.
- Jim Rogers is signing the all-star guitar today...and I think that'll just about do it!
- Twenty beats your five, sir.
- See the SOX dandruff?
- Do you have a strong edge or defined risk in your trading positions?
- Taking vacations from trading is an absolute necessity.
- Goldman Sachs (GS:NYSE) trades like an insider window opened up after earnings.
- Europe continues to spread red.
- Today's Random Thoughts will be my last column as I've gotta shift my focus from finance to family.
- If you're a happy Minyan, please tell a friend!
- Having a view on whether we should have invaded Iraq (and if they have/had WMD) is one thing. The potential political implications of the same issue are an entirely different discussion.
- Critters Gone Wild!
- Wait till you see Daisy's birthday suit!
- There isn't a bad song on Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill.
- Remember, it's gonna get thin and thinner as we edge through today's session. That raises the probability of an outsized move (either way).
- Have a safe and peaceful weekend and, for those observing, a happy and healthy new year!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter