By Todd Harrison Sep 26, 2003 12:56 pm
Fare ye well!
- Where is THE wall that all the writing is on?
- Today's action is eerily similar to yesterday's tape. The only question I have is if it's too easy to have an instant replay
- Rebecca Quick or Emma?
- The brokers are starting to slip a bit harder--watch this as they've been a good leading indicator. XBD 585 is acne support and XBD 577 is the 50-day moving average.
- If you were on a deserted island and only had ketchup to eat for a year, how much would that suck?
- Is it "buy at Rosh Hashanah and sell on Yom Kippur?" or the other way around. I always forget.
- Don't be penny wise and dollar foolish.
- Can I say "ass-punch" on Minyanville?
- Rest in peace George Plimpton and Robert Palmer.
- 17 tons of gold is used to make wedding rings in U.S every year. (Just in case Lappy was interested)
- There is some serious cosmic nuttiness going around this week. I'm told that it's a function of some planetary alignment that occurs once every 400 years. I can't confirm that timeline--I'd better ask Neil Glassman for visual confirmation.
- Are frozen Yodels parve?
- Professor "Pepe" Depew, can you rustle up a sector bell curve so the Minyans can see how lopsided this market is? Hey, he already did! He must be bulimic!
- If the S&P slips through these levels, the next legitimate support is at S&P 950-960. NDX 1300-1305 is tech support.
- The toothbrush was invented in 1498.
- Minyanville Elementary and the University of Minyanville will open in the next few months. Hey Mellon, we're going back to school!
- Wanna get on your cat's good side? Fresh turkey. Trust me.
- The transports have led us to the downside this past week.
- Jim Rogers is signing the all-star guitar today...and I think that'll just about do it!
- Twenty beats your five, sir.
- See the SOX dandruff?
- Do you have a strong edge or defined risk in your trading positions?
- Taking vacations from trading is an absolute necessity.
- Goldman Sachs (GS:NYSE) trades like an insider window opened up after earnings.
- Europe continues to spread red.
- Today's Random Thoughts will be my last column as I've gotta shift my focus from finance to family.
- If you're a happy Minyan, please tell a friend!
- Having a view on whether we should have invaded Iraq (and if they have/had WMD) is one thing. The potential political implications of the same issue are an entirely different discussion.
- Critters Gone Wild!
- Wait till you see Daisy's birthday suit!
- There isn't a bad song on Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill.
- Remember, it's gonna get thin and thinner as we edge through today's session. That raises the probability of an outsized move (either way).
- Have a safe and peaceful weekend and, for those observing, a happy and healthy new year!
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter