By Todd Harrison Sep 24, 2003 12:46 pm
Is the hibernation over?
- Life is sexually transmitted.
- "If the American people allow the banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive people of all property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers occupied..." - - Thomas Jefferson
- Minyanville Quiz: What was Mork and Mindy's child's name and who was the actor that played him? The first correct answer sent to firstname.lastname@example.org wins their choice of a free Minyanville tee!
- I'm hearing chatter that concerns regarding American International Group (AIG:NYSE) reserve requirements are weighing on the market.
- Sisyphus Boo is conditioned to believe--along with everyone else--that dips will be bought. How many dips will it take to shake the confidence of the complacent crowd? We haven't seen diapers in a very long time.
- Understanding that dandruff is generally more reliable on longer term charts, please note the head & shoulders on the 10-day S&P chart. S&P 1020ish was the neckline (and S&P 1015 is breakout support). As the gap band remains above S&P 1030, we can use that relative tight range as a near-term guide)
- I thought you said your dog doesn't bite! (that was not my dog!)
- If media companies are leading indicators, what does the Viacom (VIA:NYSE) action tell us?
- The average house fly lives for one month.
- The breadth has slipped to 2:1 negative across the board.
- The internet hugfest continues as the bulls try to squeeze them into quarter-end. The biowrecks, meanwhile, are gettin' roasted like a chestnut.
- The NDX has broken its one month uptrend. The next tangible support is NDX 1290-1300 (trendline from March).
- The home builders are the last bastion of master beta that are still green.
- Hoofy just walked by, winked at me and whispered "Repo."
- Russell Crowe's Oscar snub for A Beautiful Mind could be the most egregious misstep in the history of the academy.
- Remember when the Fed used to vehemently insist that it did not try to target stocks?
- Patience is one of the hardest elements of trading to master.
- SOX 400.
- Trading "tells" will point you in the right direction a lot faster than I can type. It's the old 'Teach a man to fish..." thang we're working for here.
- The dollar index is starting to slip through 94. DXY 92 is the summer lows...so ya know.
- The difference between saying something and doing something is all the difference in the world.
- Fokker Kahn! Fokker Kahn!
- Crude continues to rise (but remains well below recent levels).
- There were two initial public offerings and secondaries last night. Bullish (deals getting done) or bearish (new supply)?
- I just found a hair in my tuna platter. Ewwwwwww!
- That supply we discussed earlier is still in motion (from what I understand). If we edge through S&P 1015, the G-Spot will be erogenous.
- I just saw Boo and he's not even excited. That's prolly bearish (on the margin) as complacency is officially widespread.
- Timothy Hutton.
- International Business Machines (IBM:NYSE) is back at 90.
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter